Skills: Naval Architecture
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
IRC218719 - SENIOR ENGINEER NAVAL
At Eni, we are looking for a Senior Engineer Naval within Eni Progetti UK in Basingstoke, England. You will be responsible for a cting as a technical specialist for Naval design activities, keeping abreast of new legislations on plant design and performance and ensuring a high standard of safety is maintained and Environmental and Quality Assurance processes are followed
About Eni Progetti UK
EniProgetti performs a key role as part of the Development Function supporting the engineering for all the businesses (Upstream, Midstream and Downstream) of Eni, the Italian Integrated Energy Company.
EniProgetti has already had a long history as a centre of technical excellence within the Eni group as engineering specialists, first as Snamprogetti Limited and subsequently as Saipem Limited & Eni Engineering.
EniProgetti is Eni's competence and execution centre in the UK for engineering activities covering all phases of development projects and operations in the Energy Sector.
The newly upgraded office is a landmark feature on Basing View in central Basingstoke, with ample parking and only a five minute walk from the mainline railway station.
As a member of the Engineering Team at Eni Progetti UK you will be responsible for:
- Participating in the concept selection and design of floating structures;
- Designing and following-up the engineering activities as well as the construction of fixed and floating structures (both new-built and converted);
- Coordinating the design activities and provide technical support during execution phases;
- Defining tender documentation and carry out technical evaluations of tender;
- Be the Technical Authority and, if needed, the Technical Coordinator on all aspects of naval engineering with respect to liaison with Contractors, waiver request and compliance with project requirements and standards.
- Acting as interface between Contractors and the Company.
- Performing Installation Analysis for fixed platforms.
- Following up detail installation engineering activities.
- Participating in the offshore campaign during the installation phase
- Attending technical and coordination meetings.
- Providing assistance during audit and Peer Review.
- Support the Mentoring and training of graduate and junior engineers.
- Providing assistance on Renewable Energy offshore projects.
- Teamwork and collaboration with other colleagues in the Naval and Floating department
- Liaising with other disciplines (offshore structures, pipelines, process, mechanical, CAD etc..) during project execution phase
- Be Proactively involved with the R&D Renewable Energy project
- Keeping abreast of Floating structures and Installation design standards
- Regularly review the suitability and accuracy of Eni technical standards and procedures and develop new ones as required
- Undertaking short term visits to a wide range of operating site and Eni geographic regional offices worldwide.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Ideally Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline such as Naval Architecture Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Structural or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in particular with respect to floating structures and Jacket Installation,
- Fixed platform installation analysis
- Knowledge of mooring systems,
- Installation of topsides using heavy-lift vessels
- Knowledge of software like DNVGL SESAM suite, Autocad, MOSES, ORCAFLEX
- Knowledge of standards for floating Structures design (IACS societies, ISO, API) and Offshore Installation (DNVGL)
- Hull structure design knowledge
- Experience working on Renewable Energy projects
- Pipeline installation experience would be beneficial (not essential)
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.