Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
A senior role within the Commercial Team to drive compliance with internal processes, identify and mitigate risks associated with tendering activities and develop the Commercial Team's competencies and ability to deliver the broad range of commercial support the business requires. This role is a key interface between a number of support functions including Operations, Pricing, Business Development, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Contracts, HSE and QA. This is a supervisory role, responsible for overseeing the day to day tendering activities within the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of commercial department administrative personnel and quality control of pre-qualification and tender document preparation in accordance with departmental and company QA/QC procedures.
- Lead the commercial analysis and input into tenders including but not limited to,
- Input of pricing strategies for tenders.
Production of commercial documentation for support of tenders.
- Interface with business line managers and other departments regarding pricing estimates and all matters commercial in respect of tenders.
- Analyze the commercial elements of tender documents and prepare and negotiate qualifications as required.
- Review of contracts from a commercial perspective and participate in post tender contractual negotiations.
- Due to the wide geographical regions supported by the commercial team, significant compliance and financial risks are associated with the performance of some services therefore the role will oversee the liaison with other departments (Contracts, Tax, HSE, QA, OPS etc.) by members of the commercial team to ensure receipt of the information allowing timely completion of the tender documentation and compliance with internal and external procedures, policies and legislation.
- Oversee final compilation, document control and delivery of tender documents to deadlines.
- Obtain feedback on tenders (either through close out meetings or via feedback request forms) and collate data in order to trend reasons for successes and failures.
- On a daily basis, review department workload and the assigning of work tasks to ensure a balanced distribution aligned to the skills and roles of the team.
- Identify development opportunities and mentor department personnel to achieve a broad skills base that can support the wide commercial demands of the business.
- Periodic review of processes in line with department and wider company demands to ensure continued suitability. identify opportunities to eliminate waste within such processes and align to evolving demands while ensuring risks are adequately identified and mitigated.
- Provide general assistance to Commercial Manager as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
- Extensive international Tendering experience in the subsea workspace.
- Supervisory experience within an office environment.
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in appropriate discipline (Business, Law, Quantity Surveying etc)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures visibility of workload and associated key dates for delivery.
- Strong organisational and planning skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Utilises experience to improve workflows and evolve processes.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g. MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeolpleSoft) and have ability to train colleagues in utilising these to support work demands.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
Working Conditions (Regional Variance Required)
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the workplace
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHT work.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Climbing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, and reaching
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Repetitive movements of arms and hands
- Sit with back supported
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.