Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
We operate at the heart of the digital transformation of our business. Our team is responsible for cybersecurity architecture and data protection for our global organization. From Digital Engineering to enabling employee success, the Digital Technology team provides premium products and services to our customers and employees.
You will accelerate the strategic BH application security program and support key program initiatives. You will provide prevention, detection, response, and remediation activities to ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected.
As a Cyber Security Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Performing security research to identify threat vectors and potential vulnerabilities. Use tools and security assessment techniques to identify vulnerabilities in the product, platform, and scoped environment and provide recommendations on vulnerability remediation.
- Testing of a computer systems and applications to identify vulnerabilities and/or configuration issues that could be used and exploited by attackers.
- Providing guidance and hands-on support to project teams in identifying and remediating application vulnerabilities.
- Prioritizing remediation actions based on severity and building remediation plans accordingly.
- Expecting to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent.
- Working together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Communicating with direct team and supervisor. Presenting to internal teams on metrics, project status and research.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a BSc. or MSc. from an accredited university or college.
- Be able to understand SDLC, familiarity with multiple development technologies and frameworks, working experience with at least one development platform such as Java .NET, C#.
- Have an understanding of development tools such as IDEs, pipelines such as Jenkins, Code repositories such as GitHub
- Have experience in software security understanding vulnerabilities , ability to remediate, work with development teams enforcing application security guidelines
- Have the ability to work with code in order to make it more secure
- Have the ability to work with developers providing guidance for secure coding best practices
- Be able to think "outside the box" when developing solutions and creating value.
- Have good communication skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.