Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Experienced logistics and regulatory professional to develop and implement global logistics strategy with responsibility for developing capabilities and initiatives to support Logistics performance over a multi-year horizon globally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and support to the global network of logistics teams.
- Develop Global Logistic Key Performance Indicators for all regions.
- Articulate logistics objectives and needs to secure necessary resources to support and drive logistics opportunities.
- Develop and update policies and procedures for logistic processes to ensure compliance for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops, nurtures, and maintains high quality relationships with internal and external customers, freight forwarders, and other service providers.
- Act as Key logistics escalation contact with carriers.
- Oversees the scheduling and coordinating domestic and international freight movements. Both import and export. Maintains copies of all import and export records as required by law.
- Directs employees training in safety and position related functionality.
- Identifies, evaluates, and negotiates the pricing and terms & conditions with carriers and/or freight forwarders for international and domestic shipments. The processing of RFQ's.
- Prepares shipping documentation (packing lists, commercial invoices, USMCA/ NAFTA certificates, etc.), as required, for international export cargoes and waybills for domestic shipments.
- Assists in the customs clearance process for import shipments as needed.
- Leads and supports the creation and maintenance of shipping logs and purchase requisitions (or other required documentation) to manage the proper payment of freight related invoices.
- Familiar with the provisions of the EAR and helps support the operation's compliance program. Helps obtain appropriate licensing as required by law through coordination with corporate resources.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of international trade regulations to ensure consistent compliance with laws. Is intimately familiar with the regulations of the countries to which the business unit routinely ships.
- Assists with processing of SLI's and AES filings as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Other logistics personnel and or SCM teams as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Eight (8) plus years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Strong leadership skills
- Advanced knowledge and application of transportation modes and procedural practices
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion
- Excellent collaboration and influence with management and cross function teams
- Independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi- task
- Knowledgeable in DOT and Dangerous Goods Shipping regulations
- Knowledgeable in HTS/ Schedule B numbers.
- Proven skills in export administration and compliance with an emphasis on Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Washington D.C. (BIS) interface.
- U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simplified, clear manner
- Ability and desire to work in a highly dynamic and changing environment.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
- Must have or be able to obtain a security clearance.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.