Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
A senior role within Oceaneering's Commercial Team supporting the Offshore Projects Group (OPG) and Subsea Robotics (SSR) Business Groups to drive compliance with internal processes, identify and mitigate risks associated with tendering activities and develop the Commercial Team's competencies and ability to deliver the broad range of commercial support the business requires. This role is a key interface between a number of support functions including Operations, Pricing, Business Development, Legal, Tax, Compliance, Contracts, HSE and QA. This role is responsible for both conducting and overseeing the day-to-day tendering activities within the department to ensure deadlines are properly met.
This position is classified as Hybrid-Remote.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily supervision of commercial department administrative & coordinator personnel when needed and quality control of pre-qualification and tender document preparation in accordance with departmental defined procedures.
- Lead the commercial analysis and input into tenders including but not limited to,
- Input of pricing strategies for tenders.
Production of commercial documentation for support and completion of tenders.
- Interface with business line managers and other departments regarding pricing estimates and all matters commercial in respect of tenders.
- Analyze the commercial elements of tender documents and prepare and negotiate qualifications as required.
- Review of contracts from a commercial perspective and participate in post tender contractual negotiations.
- Due to the wide geographical regions supported by the commercial team, significant compliance and financial risks are associated with the performance of some services therefore the role will liaison with, and oversee where needed, other departments (Contracts, Tax, HSE, QA, OPS etc.) to ensure receipt of the information allowing timely completion of the tender documentation and compliance with internal and external procedures, policies and legislation.
- Oversee and or conduct final compilation, document control and delivery of tender documents to meet deadlines.
- Prepare bid cost spreadsheets, price quotations and budgetary / formal proposals as required
- Obtain feedback on tenders (either through close out meetings or via feedback request forms) and collate data to trend reasons for successes and failures.
- Update various commercial department databases as required in a timely manner
- On a daily basis, review department workload and the assigning of work tasks when needed to ensure a balanced distribution aligned to the skills and roles of the team.
- Prepare handover documents to other departments in line with defined processes
- Identify development opportunities and mentor department personnel to achieve a broad skills base that can support the wide commercial demands of the business.
- Periodic review of processes in line with department and wider company demands to ensure continued suitability. identify opportunities to eliminate waste within such processes and align to evolving demands while ensuring risks are adequately identified and mitigated.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbally) at a high-quality level in English
- Provide general assistance to Commercial Leads and the Commercial Manager as required.
- Check completeness of department filing / CRM database systems and rectify discrepancies as needed.
- Compile and update standard boilerplate and other related commercial material as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years tendering experience in the subsea / Oil & gas workspace or equivalent related offshore Oil & Gas work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 3 years Remotely Operated Vehicle services tendering experience within the Oil and Gas Industry, full life cycle of the tender process and the preparation of quotes, start to finish, or:
- Minimum 3 years offshore Survey services (surface & subsea positioning, AUV / geoscience services etc.) related tendering experience within the full life cycle of the tender process and the preparation of quotes, start to finish.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in appropriate discipline (Business, Law, Quantity Surveying etc.)
- Previous supervisory experience in an onshore office environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures visibility of workload and associated key dates for delivery.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Utilizes experience to improve workflows and evolve processes.
- Skilled in operating basic office software packages (e.g., MS Word, Excel, XaitPorter, PeopleSoft, CRM etc.) and has ability to train colleagues in utilizing these to support work demands.
- Flexible approach to work schedules in line with the demands of supporting wide geographical demands across multiple time zones.
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbally) at a high-quality level in Portuguese and or Spanish will be taken into consideration
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.