Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is seeking a Project Controls Lead. On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia office, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
The Project Controls Lead provides leadership and coordinates all aspects of Project Controls including reporting, cost control, progress measurement, schedule development and schedule control. Monitors Wood's execution performance in the area of scheduling, progress monitoring and cost control and provides advice as necessary to make sure the Company's objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring that proper and effective project control measures are executed by the EPC Contractor with emphasis on schedule planning and progress monitoring.
- Provides supervision and guidance for multiple projects for the Cost, Planning, and Schedule Engineers. Responsible for monitoring the EPC Contractor and overall project cost and schedule performance.
- Provides project cost, schedule, progress measurement and change management expertise to Project Team.
- Leads the review and evaluation of plans and procedures for project controls, progress, scheduling, and cost control and modifies as necessary to meet the project's objectives.
- Assists Project Leadership Team in developing/reviewing cost and schedule corrective actions and recovery plans and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Leads ongoing project cost and schedule analysis, reporting, forecasting, and change management.
- Analyzes cost and schedule trends, reviews cost, and schedule forecasts prepared by Cost Engineer.
- Leads the reviews and monitors cost and schedule implications of changes. Provides timely advice on cost and schedule impact of changes, modifications or alternatives and maintains project trend and change order log.
- Coordinates preparation of weekly and monthly reports. Performs review and consistency checks of weekly and monthly reports prior to issuance to Business Manager
- Prepares input of monthly cost control reports vs. control budget including cost forecast, expenditures, and commitments.
- Prepares monthly estimates of Work-In-Place (WIP) for Owner and 3rd-party costs.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Controls/Reporting.
- Promotes inter-departmental communications and encourages teamwork. Establishes clear communications between the PMTs and Contractor.
- Backfills for the Life Sciences Project Controls Director.
Skills / Qualifications
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of: Project controls principles, theories, concepts and tools.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Business Administration with relevant experience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and Team skills.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience associated with engineering, procurement, and construction in Life Sciences sector. Experience in Project Controls with relevant contract (Lump Sum, Unit Rate, Reimbursable).
- Thorough and extensive knowledge of: - Project controls principles, theories, concepts, and tools.
- Experience in Project Controls with relevant contract (Lump Sum, Unit Rate, Reimbursable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.