Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for a Lead Process Engineer (Operations) on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- This is an Iraq based position working on a 28 day on / 28 day off rotation. Normal working time will be 12 hours per day when at site.
- May involve occasional visits to engineering contractor offices as projects demand.
- The project is operation support for various small brownfield projects within the Rumaila field.
- Reporting to the ROO Process Team Lead the candidate will assume sole responsibility for delegated project process systems.
- To manage the process engineering and design team for all projects under their remit.
- To have single-point responsibility for all process engineering deliverables and ensure that they conform to all applicable engineering codes and standards as well as the ROO's policies and procedures.
- Identify debottlenecking opportunities & constraints and initiate debottlenecking projects as necessary.
- Assumes Single Point Accountable (SPA) for the front end definition of various technical changes originating from operational work scopes. Carry out site surveys, prepare Basis of Design, SOR's, EQs response and MOC development.
- Act as Custodian of asset PIDs with final sign off of as built drawings.
- To ensure that the overall project is delivered to meet the asset operational needs.
- To provide direction and guidance on all technical queries relating to process engineering.
- To participate in all project safety and design reviews as necessary.
- To ensure that all work is completed without compromise to quality and is delivered according to the project schedule.
- To liaise with Operations and Maintenance staff as required to ensure a consistent approach to project completion.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- To provide sound technical advice and solutions to a diversity of technical problems within the discipline.
- To co-ordinate with other disciplines during all stages of design development, construction, pre-commissioning, and start-up.
- To provide technical support to site in terms of material inspection, Factory Acceptance Testing
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to process systems.
- To identify any areas of concern with respect to progress and/or quality and recommend corrective actions as required.
- To attend weekly progress meetings and generate status reports for the Process Team Lead/Engineering/Project Manager as required.
- Mentoring/Training of Iraqi National colleagues
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Membership of a recognised professional institute preferred
- At least 15 years of experience in upstream oil and gas.
- At least 5 years working as a lead process engineer.
- At least 3 years working for a reputable international engineering contractor as a lead process engineer (mix of greenfield and brownfield).
- Preference to have some Middle Eastern experience.
- Strong operations support experience at site looking out for some of the following:
- Process Technical Authority
- Resolving Engineering Queries received direct from the operations team
- Carrying out Site Surveys
- Preparing scope of work ( SOW ) or Statement of Requirement ( SOR ) documents to scope out small brownfields modifications required to implement debottlenecking opportunities identified (in sufficient detail for engineering contractor to pick up)
- Carrying out Operational Risk Assessment
- Process engineering focal point to support Management of Change ( MOC ) system
- Custodian of facility P&IDs
- Carrying out Pre start up safety reviews ( PSSR )
- Root Cause Failure Analyses ( RCA )
- Mentoring/Training of local national
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.