Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood in Calgary is looking to add intermediate Project Engineers/Coordinators to programs of projects related to In-situ, minable, or mid and downstream projects.
Responsible for coordinating the engineering activities aimed at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception through to completion. The position coordinates internal Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Engineering contractors and other technical resources to ensure compliance with project goals and objectives, applicable codes and regulations, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications .
On the current projects, key responsibilities will involve working with procurement, monitoring the progress of fabrication, responding to questions from fabricators and constructors, as well as performing walk-downs of modules in the fabrication yard.
- Support the Project Manager to meet the project execution philosophy, strategies and execution plans;
- Liaise closely with project team members as well as technical and functional program support team members to ensure all aspects of project execution are on track and coordinated;
- Participate in intra-program and project teams to ensure the effective development of project deliverables, including technical deliverables as well as environmental, safety and regulatory deliverables;
- Conduct weekly interdisciplinary meetings, record and issue minutes;
- Interface with the client as required;
- Liaise with Project Engineers in other areas of the program to ensure alignment across scope and activities;
- Support the Project Manager in effective implementation of Owner's management of change (technical or otherwise);
- Act as primary contact for all requests for information from contractors;
- Support the Project Manager in ensuring that all contract requirements are adhered to by Contractor(s);
- Support implementation of the program formal interface management process and support resolution of issues according to the agreed upon escalation procedure;
- Draw on available expertise and resources, make decisions and resolve execution issues to ensure the project remains on track, balancing cost, schedule and quality appropriately and in line with project philosophy;
- Support the implementation of appropriate project controls such that real time knowledge of project execution is available, understood and acted upon;
- Manage the scope of work and schedule of Engineering resources including any external Engineering contractors, internal resources and third-party interface activities and requirements;
- Manage to an Engineering plan that addresses resources, deliverables, quality control and oversight, communication, execution processes, design reviews, change management, Process Hazard Assessments and turnover of engineering deliverables;
- Ensure processes are followed to ensure that the design meets the applicable codes, practices, standards, specifications and quality required;
- Advise on risks with respect to design aspects and design changes;
- Coordinate the technical query process (RFIs);
- Provides backup to the Project Manager as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- A degree in Engineering and registration as a P. Eng. Is preferred;
- A minimum of 10 years of project engineering experience;
- Thorough knowledge and working experience with relevant codes, regulatory bodies, and requirements to complete SAGD and/or petrochemical projects in Alberta and/or Canada (for example, ASME, API, and CSA, etc.);
- Familiarity with the requirements of the Alberta regulatory process pertaining to the construction of oil and gas facilities is preferred ;
- Formal project management training would be considered an asset;
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills are required for the purpose of preparing proposals, letters, emails, legal contracts, technical presentations, consultation, and project reporting;
- Commitment to continuously act in an environmentally and socially conscientious manner to maintain the dependability, integrity, and safety of our work sites and systems.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.