Skills: Structural Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
W ood is seeking a structural Associate Director to join the Building Engineering team. The team has been recently formed to support multi-disciplinary design projects within the expanding Built Environment business unit and to develop new opportunities for further growth.
The Built Environment team comprises of architects, masterplanners, civil engineers, ground remediation engineers and transport planners who work alongside colleagues from the wider business to deliver a broad range of projects across multiple sectors, including defence, industrial, education and residential.
You will take a key role in the establishment and subsequent growth of the team, initially supporting projects as the structural design engineer before moving towards a leadership role as the team grows.
The role requires you to:
- Have a proven track record in leading multi-disciplinary projects from concept through to completion, where you have taken responsibility for both the deliverables and the financial performance (in terms of fee) of the project.
- Nurture existing client and architectural relationships and develop new ones with the aim of securing new and repeat business
- Be able to work independently on all technical aspects of structural design with minimal supervision
- Have the ability and experience to lead and support a team of engineers and technicians
- Be driven to deliver both in terms of quality and timescale
The role will be based in our Leamington Spa office.
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive experience as a structural design engineer
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD, Revit and other structural design software packages
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (experience of Microsoft Project is desirable though not essential)
- Good knowledge of other disciplines within the built environment market
- Appreciation of project commercial risks
- Experience in designing a range of building types
- Working knowledge and experience of building design Eurocodes and standards, including key health and safety legislation
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered engineer (IStructE, ICE or equivalent)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.