Skills: Risk Management, Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. is seeking an early career Human Health Risk Assessor with two to eight years of experience for our Chelmsford, Massachusetts office.
Are you looking to grow your career as a human health risk assessor, working with common and emerging contaminants for a variety of government and commercial clients? This job opening provides you an opportunity to progress while working in an established environmental consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions. We encourage you to apply for this opportunity.
We are seeking an experienced human health risk assessor to collaborate with our current team of risk assessment professionals in project planning and execution as well as public outreach and stakeholder communication. Risk assessments will be prepared to meet the requirements of the United States Environmental Protection Agency, the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, and many other States' environmental regulatory programs.
Our employees have the opportunity to work on diverse projects with the support and resources of a large international organization with unlimited career opportunities. At the same time, the Chelmsford office takes pride in maintaining a close collaborative environment! We have a very comfortable and supportive culture, with a deep bench of knowledgeable and skilled geologists, scientists, engineers, chemists, and database specialists. We realize that our people are what make us known in the industry and recognized for delivering high quality and technical excellence. If you want to be a part of a dedicated and brilliant team, we'd love to hear from you!
The ideal candidate would be located in the Chelmsford area and support a local team while also being part of the larger operations within the region. Wood offers the opportunity and flexibility to balance work in the office and from home.
- Contribute to the preparation of risk assessment reports as a member of project-specific risk assessment teams with direction from the project risk assessment task lead and supervision by the Risk Assessment Group Manager.
- Collect or compile analytical chemical data from published and unpublished materials.
- Enter data into, and extract data from, standard computer programs and risk assessment spreadsheet tools.
- Research regulatory and technical requirements for conducting risk assessments under specific regulatory programs.
- Document in written text risk assessment activities that have been completed, including data evaluation, selection of chemicals of potential concern, exposure assessment, toxicity assessment and calculations of cancer risk and noncancer hazard (both routine and non-routine calculations).
- Conduct quality assurance/quality control activities for work products prepared by colleagues.
- Conduct work activities within identified budget and schedule requirements.
- Contribute to preparation of proposals to win new work for small and large projects that include a risk assessment compone
- May contribute to technical presentations or papers for publication.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Toxicology, Biology, Public Health or related scientific discipline
- 2-8 years relevant experience in human health risk assessment
- Knowledge of the principles and standards of scientific study
- Knowledge of human health risk assessment principles, procedures, and guidance particularly USEPA CERCLA and MCP
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel for risk assessment tasks including presentation of analytical data and dose-response data, selection of chemicals of potential concern, calculation of exposure point concentrations (Excel and PRO UCL), and calculation of cancer risk and Hazard Index.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances is preferred
- Experience across a range of commercial, industrial, and federal sectors,
- Strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to technical excellence,
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and within budget,
- Experienced in the preparation of environmental reports including presenting complex technical information in a concise and accurate manner,
Skills / Attributes
- Communicate effectively, listen and engage, including communicating technical information effectively,
- Ability to innovate and develop in your technical area and to continually seek to improve performance in all aspects of your role,
- Work collaboratively within a team and provide mentoring to develop colleagues.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.