Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for FWKO Production Chemists to strengthen our team. This is B2B position on a 4/4 rotation in Iraq, with initial period being in Dubai.
Must have strong experience in oil and gas industry i.e. 3 Phase Separation Facilities, Produced Water Facilities and Chemical Injection Facilities.
Candidates must be experienced Production Chemist with proven record of delivery in the Oil and Gas industry. The role will support production chemistry related activities including trouble and working with various teams to ensure crude quality, gas quality, Produced Water quality and laboratory analysis.
Individual must be qualified in oil and gas separation, flow assurance, corrosion mitigation, foam suppression, biological controls and monitoring, Produced Water treatment, as well as related laboratory analysis and management.
- Ensure Safe and Efficient Production of the assigned facilities and operations.
- Provide Production Chemistry input to ensure product quality on assigned operations
- Provide daily support to the Operations Teams
- Proactively identify and notify of any Production Chemistry threats to the operations
- Develop and manage a sampling program for the assigned facilities
- Coach and mentor Local National Operations Team by providing on the job training in sampling and Production Chemistry.
- Attend all daily, weekly and monthly Operations and Performance meetings and be active and contributory participant to production decision making.
- Daily site visits to support ongoing operations
- Implement the ROO HSE Management System during all phases of the work
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc (or equivalent) in Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in Oil and Gas Industry
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar leadership role
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable leadership experience in similar role, with a proven background of
- Experienced in planning and coordinating Production Chemistry and sampling activities
- Strong demonstratable experienced in working with multi-cultural personnel / team
- Experienced in the development and coaching of team members
- Ability to interface and interact with Operations Representatives at all levels
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project goals
- Confident and ability to work on own initiative
- Desire to learn and develop not only self but others within team - good attitude to continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate high level understanding of HSE safe working practices and procedures and their implementation
- Ability to manage / maintain budget / schedule requirements
- Ability to interpret project procedures, standards, specifications, and drawings including PFD's / P&ID's / SLD's / C&E's etc
- IT literate in all major software packages (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc)
- Able to implement, manage and audit Permit to Work procedure and Isolation procedures
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.