Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Salt Lake City, UT
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Mountain Region Design Center (MRDC) in our Phoenix or Salt Lake City offices. We prefer that this individual work in the Salt Lake City office but we are open to a Phoenix office location or remote. Following initial onboarding, training and integration, we are open to a flexible remote work schedule. This position will be supporting mining and metals, oil and gas, thermal treatment, and heavy industrial projects. The position is responsible for managing all aspects of the mechanical and piping engineering discipline. This position interacts with all members of the project team, including the client and on-site construction contractors.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
The duties will be varied and include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the department manager to develop, plan, evaluate and recommend solutions for difficult problems
- Contribute to preparation of proposals, discipline estimates, design deliverables including but not limited to calculations/lists/drawings, specifications and other engineering documentation using standards and/or new methods as required
- Supervise minor projects for clients or assist project managers with technical coordination
- Produce drawings, calculations, and other engineering documentation and follows good engineering practices, relevant codes, and standards
- Supervise the preparation or prepares technical specifications for purchased equipment
- Coordinate and interface with vendors
- Prepare technical evaluations of supplier's proposals
- Give effective presentations to customers
- Work with and communicate with project management team
- Assure that all work on assigned projects is timely, accurate and high quality
- Organize, plan, and coordinate own work as well as the resources assigned on a specific project
- Perform troubleshooting at operating mine and/or oil and gas plants
- Perform or oversee sizing calculations including pumps, piping systems, pipe stress, launder sizing, bulk material handling equipment, etc.
- Preparation of equipment performance specifications
- Develop technical reports
- Oversee and check work of other mechanical engineers and designs
- Travel for meetings, site visits, as required
- Accept remote assignments, as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years of related engineering experience is required for this position
- Preference will be given to candidate with experience in Mineral / Mining projects
- Knowledge and understanding of how the mechanical and piping engineering activities integrate into a complete project
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.