Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently seeking an experienced Architect with a broad technical knowledge of construction methods and design. This is an opportunity to work with our talented staff of Architects and Engineers, supporting process & chemical and conventional energy industries within the Houston office. The Architect will work in the architecture team, within the Civil / Structural / Architectural Department.
Local hires only please as there are no relocation or per diem expenses associated with this posting.
The Architect will be involved in providing architectural technical support in all phases of project development, from Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) through construction. Recent and ongoing projects include design of building renovations and new construction for industrial buildings including Control Rooms, Administration Buildings, Maintenance Shops, Warehouses, Security Buildings, Process Equipment Buildings and Shelters. The ideal candidate will have significant technical expertise with development of inquiry and bid sets and support multi-disciplinary project teams from concept FEED schematic design through completion of construction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and interface with client, project managers, architects, engineers, designers, and subconsultants
- Responsible for architectural activities and coordination to support building design for various types of industrial projects
- Incorporate applicable building codes and construction techniques
- Review architectural scope and budget to complete design and technical portions of projects on-time and within budget
- Building design from schematic, detail design and construction support
- Develop and manage building procurement packages
Skills / Qualifications
Education: Bachelor of Architecture (minimum)
Professional Registration: Registered Architect preferred but not required
- 10 years architectural experience developing building design and construction drawings
- Minimum of 5 years working on Industrial Projects
Role-Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to perform building code review
- Able to prepare construction documents
- Able to write specifications, studies, and reports
- Able to develop scopes of work
- Skilled in Autodesk Navisworks, AutoCAD, MS Office Suite
- Solutions-oriented and creative, able to apply process and rigor to deliver quality solutions
- Compelling communicator both verbally and in written form
- Good interpersonal and team working skills, builds positive relationships with supervisors, subordinates, peers and clients
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and committed to continuous professional development
- High level of awareness and commitment to safety in all aspects of daily work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and demonstrates personal initiative
- Possesses integrity, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and is dependable
- Adaptable and flexible to the changing needs of projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.