Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our Technology Team in Houston, TX and supporting Wood Hydrogen / Syngas Center of Excellence team in Milan, Italy . The ideal candidate is a fully competent and knowledgeable engineer who typically performs routine assignments independently but under the supervision of a more experienced engineer. Candidate should have past process design experience in Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen) Units, SYNGAS Units and/or Methanol Units, ideally in a process licensing environment.
- Assist in planning and reviewing of technical work and maintain project schedules and work plans
- Apply hydrogen process knowledge and experience to assignments where issues and factors to be considered may be characterized by unusual demands and requires additional analysis to determine the nature and scope of the problem
- Work effectively with project team to provide assistance to Customers, other Engineering Disciplines and Commercial Group regarding process related information
- Provide product design (hydrogen) and work process improvements
- Assure all work on assigned projects is completed in timely manner, is accurate and is of exceptional quality
- Assist in training and development of less experienced engineers
- Assist in the development and tracking of progress reporting and staffing plans on projects assigned
- Assist with ensuring the process calculations and deliverables are properly filed in the project and process filing systems
- Serve as small project lead engineer where the review and approval of work of other engineers is required
- May serve as technical subject matter expert in meetings with Customers and Vendors or in planning of complex engineering tasks
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of proposal and contract design calculations, drawings and other engineering documentation using organizational standards, practices, and codes
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of technical evaluations of Licensor or Vendor proposals.
- Support effective technical presentations and discussions with Customers, Vendors and internally within the organization when appropriate
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering is required; Masters in Chemical Engineering is preferred
- PE (Professional Engineer) license preferred
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Process Engineering and Design and possesses well developed knowledge of process engineering principles and practices along with understanding of project execution and process involvement
- 3+ years of experience with the design and/or operation of Hydrogen Units, Methanol Units, and/or SYNGAS Units. Preferred experience on new and revamp projects on Methane Reforming (Hydrogen) Units, SYNGAS Units and/or Methanol Units.
- Experience as Process Sub-Lead on at least two small projects with demonstrated success in delivering quality process deliverables according to project schedule and budget
- Working knowledge of alternative, advanced principles and techniques of process engineering and knowledge of competing and alternative design techniques
- Previous experience in mentoring and in project planning
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office programs and familiarity with coding and use of process simulation software and ability to trouble-shoot simulations and other computer issues
- Oral and written communication skills with good vocabulary, good grammar, and the ability to independently compose routine written communications
- Willingness to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ability to travel internationally is required
- Work typically carried out in an office environment, with occasional travel to client sites (domestic and international)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.