Skills: Process Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is seeking a Process Technology Supervisor in our Technology Team in Houston, TX and supporting Wood Hydrogen / Syngas Center of Excellence team in Milan, Italy, to serve as a staff expert in Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen) Units and has the primary responsibility to manage a group of technical personnel. The ideal candidate is a fully competent and knowledgeable engineer who typically performs assignments independently but also supervises work of other process engineers. Candidate should have past process design experience in Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen) Units, ideally in a process licensing environment. Additional experience with SYNGAS Units and/or Methanol Units is preferred.
- Serve as a lead over a group of Engineers or function as a senior technical specialist (hydrogen) responsible for the efficient design and technical execution involved in providing Process Engineering support to the Business Development Group and project teams
- Develop work plans and project schedules and assist in developing hours estimates and scoping efforts for proposals and projects.
- Plan, develop, and execute large and/or technically complex engineering studies, projects or assignments with only administrative supervision and is responsible for technical quality and project execution management on projects assigned
- Prepare or supervise the preparation of technical evaluations of Licensor or Vendor proposals.
- Lead effective technical presentations and discussions with Customers, Vendors and internally within the organization when appropriate. Effective technical publication skills.
- Act as a Technical Authority (TA) for any of the following deliverables:
- Process Simulations
- Process Flow Diagrams (PFD's) with Heat and Material Balances
- Process Calculations
- Process Datasheets
- Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID's)
- Equipment Lists (with associated sizing calculations)
- Line Lists (with associated sizing calculations and hydraulic calculations)
- Investigations of technical items - documented in written reports and studies
- Review and adherence to specifications, regulations, and standards
- Engineering Design, Commissioning, Startup, and Operating Manuals
- Other Job functions include:
- Participate in and/or Support safety meetings such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and other Safety Hazard Assessments
- Coordinate with other engineering and design disciplines and primary contact for project management team
- Ensure that work products produced on projects assigned are following applicable codes and standards, practices and procedures, cost effective, safe and high quality
- Coordinate with project manager progress reporting, budgets, schedules, work scope, variances and manpower loading on projects assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering is required; Masters in Chemical Engineering is preferred.
- PE (Professional Engineer) license preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in practice of Process Engineering and Design and possesses well developed knowledge of process engineering principles and practices along with understanding of project execution and process involvement
- 7+ years of experience with the design and/or operation of Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen). Design and/or operation experience with Methanol Units, and/or SYNGAS Units is preferred also.
- Experience in process design work on new and revamp projects on Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen), Methanol Units, and/or SYNGAS Units.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards and specifications, engineering, and construction practices. Expected to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Process Design specifically Steam Methane Reforming (Hydrogen).
- Solid awareness of trends and economic conditions affecting the technical field and understanding of internal economic factors affecting decisions (costs, margins, profit impact of decisions).
- Process Lead experience including process improvement successes, managerial accounting, budget preparation and cost control responsibility.
- Advanced computer skills with MS Office programs and experience with process simulation software (Hysys, PROII, or equivalent)
- Experience in mentoring, project planning, change management, progress management, interface management and final level of technical assurance.
- Proven communication (oral, written and listening) skills with proficiency in technical writing and comprehensive documentation.
- Effective customer presentation skills and technical publication skills.
- Ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem solution and to execute the schedule requirements with a team environment.
- Innovative in finding solutions, essential inquisitive approach and learning agility.
- Authorization to lawfully work in the United States without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Work typically is carried out in an office environment, with occasional visits to client sites (domestic and international).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.