Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Substations/Transmission Project Manager. Reporting to the Project Director, this position is located in one of the following locations in Atlanta, GA or Birmingham, AL. The position is remote but you will be expected to attend construction and client meetings.
If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Support designing electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV and/or transmission lines of 69 to 500 kV
- Management of projects through their lifecycle
- Monitoring budget and schedule for projects and identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Management of project delivery including schedule and budget control
- Mentoring and developing junior engineers and designers
- Supporting the Engineering Manager in project control tasks
- Liaison with clients and developing relationships
- Support reviewing vendor documents against specifications
- Support material take-offs for all substation electrical equipment and hardware
- Support in preparing engineering documents, calculations, and specifications
- Attending or running client meetings including kickoffs, construction reviews and progress updates
- Traveling and visiting client sites from project definition through construction
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree from a recognized university with the ability to register as a Professional Engineer in the future
- 5+ years of electrical engineering and project management experience in a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC organization designing substations
- Proven experience with delivery of Transmission and Distribution engineering solutions is considered an asset
- Distribution experience is considered and asset
- Understanding of basic power systems theory
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Southern Company, Florida Power & Light, or Duke Energy experience is an asset
- Able to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Business education ie. MBA is an asset
- Due to clients in Latin America, Spanish is considered an asset
- Driving License & Clean driving record/abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.