Nisku, Alberta, Canada
Nisku, Alberta, Canada
Skills: Directional Driller, Field Service Tech
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Nisku, Alberta, Canada
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, provides on-site supervision of the Directional Drilling (DD) process including projection of well path to predetermined target coordinates.
- Understands principles of Bottom Hole assembly (BHA) selection and aspects of DD performance and ensures that BHA's are assembled as planned including correct make-up torque, doping and handling.
- Proficient in the use of DD computer software and able to assist in provision of advice and analysis to the client representative at the well site.
- This shall include all survey calculations and well path projections.
- Proficient in updating well profile plots and providing client representative with accurate directional survey data.
- Aware of client's requirements with regards to surveying procedures.
- Assists in the completion of a daily DD report, BHA performance report for each BHA run, completion of all service tickets and relevant paperwork (well data spreadsheet, lesson learned/best practice, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS) and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) forms).
- Familiar with the DD aspects of the client's approved drilling program.
- Assists in the inspection of all DD company equipment delivered on the work site. Interfaces with the MWD engineer to ensure BHA compatibility, planned operating parameters are within specification and correct toolface references are applied.
- Maintains records of all DD equipment at well site including dimensional data and condition.
- Ensure that all equipment is laid out after use in accordance with company procedures and manifested for backload at the end of the job.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in a STEM discipline, and 6 months working as a Field Prof-DD, I.
- Requires ability to read and interpret designed well plans, directional survey information and other well site data.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude of required standards.
- Must possess good communication, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Must possess relevant rig safety certificates.
- This is a field position.
- Experience with Steam Assisted Gravity Drainage (SAGD/Ranging) preferred.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to an Senior or General Field Engineer - Directional Drilling.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
1400 5th Street, Nisku, Alberta, T9E 7R6, Canada
Requisition Number: 145336
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.