Skills: Process Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Milan, Lombardy, Italy
Wood currently has an opportunity for a Lead Process Engineer / Manager to join the Alamlyk Project Directorate team in Milan and work closely with our client on a Copper Concentrator project in Uzbekistan. This position has responsibility for executing Process design activities through the project development life cycle working closely with Wood offices around the world. This position requires strong technical, managerial and business leadership skills. The candidate shall be comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment providing engineering expertise in Copper Concentrator operations and engineering organizations. A key component of the role is also the technical liaison between the Client and the WOOD offices and as part of the directorate be the focal point for the Process Engineering. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Job location is Milan Italy with travel to Uzbekistan as required by the business.
Wood serves many of the world leaders in the mining industry. The company maintains mining offices across Canada, the USA and Australia, as well as in Santiago, Chile, Lima, Peru and Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Working very closely with the client team to develop the optimal fast track project execution plan
- Working closely with Wood offices globally to develop and deliver the necessary studies and projects
- Training the client team regarding project mining study and project execution
- Providing technical execution skills related to process engineering
- Ability to secure consulting work by establishing and maintaining client relationships and developing business leads and work opportunities
- Soliciting work and preparing proposals and bids for all levels of study and engineering projects
- Supporting continuous development of company cost and design databases
- Scope definition, budget and proposal preparation for process consulting projects.
- Providing specialist technical input, leadership and management on multi-disciplinary studies and projects including as mineral processing lead on consulting studies and mining projects
- Ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with Wood standards
- Managing interactions between client teams
- Actively supporting business development activities through participation in conferences and strategic client relationship management
- Ensuring compliance with company health and safety policies, project management and commercial procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in mineral processing or chemical engineering
- Professional Engineering membership
- A minimum of 15 years' experience of combined mining industry experience in copper / base metals operations and engineering consulting industry
- Qualified person (QP) for mineral processing studies
- Familiarity with processing software such as Metsim, JKSimMet and the like
- Ability to interpret testwork, operational data, size and specify mineral processing plant equipment for gold and base metals flowsheets
- Capable of utilizing industry knowledge to develop mineral processing plant designs and production plans
- Knowledge of industry standards such as JORC, CIM or SME guidelines and compliance with public disclosure regulations. Knowledge of Russian design standard is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership skills in the management of technical people and advanced projects
- Willingness to be based in Milan(Italy) and travel both domestically and internationally, for varying durations and at times to remote locations
- Fluent in English and knowledge of Russian or Italian is a plus
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.