Skills: Maintenance Technician, Workshop
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Provide Technical and Operational support for Subsea Robotics, Intervention, Workover Controls, surface support equipment, etc. on a worldwide basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide offshore assistance for installation and interfacing of all Subsea Robotics equipment including ROV Systems, Subsea Tooling, Workover Control Systems, Tensioner and Reel systems.
- Provide offshore assistance for complex troubleshooting and repairs.
- Provide offshore and onshore assistance for Subsea Robotics system upgrades.
- Provide offshore technical support for critical and high-profile jobs.
- Assist installations group with System Installations and winch drum change outs.
- Assist in rebuilding and maintaining good client relations.
- Assist in training offshore personnel.
- Assist shop and yard personnel with troubleshooting questions for all equipment.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) when requested.
- Assist SCM with queries that involve technical information. Also assist SCM personnel with identifying obsolete parts that no longer need to be stocked in our warehouses and how to best recycle those parts into more current stocked items if possible.
- Assist software groups (Austin, Lafayette, etc.) with research, suggestions for improvements, and streamlining deployment of new software releases.
- Test new potential equipment from vendors: communicate, track equipment, test results, and notify suppliers of improvements or issues with their product.
- Create documents and flow charts to assist offshore crews as well onshore repair and maintenance technicians.
- Maintain sharefile library of troubleshooting and technical support documentation.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and or training in mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 5 years' IWOCS experienced required
- Must Be Able to Obtain:
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Valid Passport
- Other safety-related certifications, as required
- Any other regionally mandated offshore work requirement documents as appropriate
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90% and noise is over 85 decibels.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on stomach or back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Differentiate between colors
- Wear PPE for skin protection.
- Eye protection.
- Steel/safety toed shoes/boots
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects.
- Twist, sit with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated
- Work with arms extended below the waist, unsupported, elbows flexed, wrist supported and unsupported.
- Lift 10-20 pounds
- Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.