Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 11 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Designer - Civil & Structural with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry for the Kolkata location.
- Specialist Designer in 3D Modelling & Detailing of Civil & Structural works
- Must have worked in PDS / PDMS software in 3D Modelling & in Micro station & AutoCAD 2D Drafting
- Should have worked in SP3D or E3D or Tekla software in 3D Modelling & 2 D Drawing extraction
- Experience in at least one Oil & Gas project in Civil or Structural or UG Services
- Must have sound technical knowledge in Civil & Structural
- Hands on experience on model review/Clash check in SPR / NAVISWORK platform is advantageous.
- Civil designer -Taking responsibility of engineering of the assigned structures / foundation
- Modelling as per inputs & Extracting /checking of General Arrangement & Detail Drawings
- Reporting to Lead Civil Designer Lead Civil Engineer / Coordination with another disciplines & project
- Meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per AmecFW / Client specifications & standards
- Interpretation of vendor drawings / other discipline drawings for Civil & structural deliverables requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or ITI Civil
- Years of experience:11 - 15 yrs
- Must have exposure to modelling in any one of following
Structures like Pipe rack / Pipe bridges & Process structures / Equipment support structures
Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels / drum, Columns / Tower, Compressor & pumps Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm Control room & Substation buildings Roads & Paving, Storm water drains, OWS, CRWS, Cooling & fire water system
- Experience in production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steel works, RC Detail drawings, Steel connection detail drawing, Review of Fabrication drawings, UG service lay outs & Isometric
- Working experience in using Indian and any one of British or American standards for Civil & structural works on structural steel section & RC detailing is added advantage
- Can take the responsibility to work in the software independently
- Need to guide & train designers in PDS / PDMS Software
- Able to communicate in good English with other disciplines in effective manner
- Willing to have patience to face work pressure & changes
- Must be able to work in a team with work share basis
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.