Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently bidding for Senior Finite Element Analysis Engineer specialising in pipeline design, to join our dynamic, friendly team in Abu Dhabi. This is an exciting opportunity to work on projects to deliver high value business systems to prestigious organisations within the region.
He/She will be work on subsea pipeline projects in many challenging geographic and field production situations. He/She will be applying the latest limit state design methods to scenarios such as pipeline burst, collapse, propagation buckling, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, spanning and on bottom stability. He/She will help prepare engineering proposals, techno economic studies, MathCad speadsheets, technical reports specifications, data sheets, MTO's and drawings.
- General subsea pipeline, tie-in spool and riser design including, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection.
- Undertaking FE analysis and design of subsea pipelines with Abaqus and associated numerical design software.
- Ability to understand and employ analytical design tools and structural reliability assessments to pipeline design and risk evaluations.
- Performing finite element modelling of different pipeline stress conditions such as on bottom stability, lateral buckling, upheaval buckling, walking and fatigue, free spans and VIV assessment in different soil and seabed conditions.
- Being the focal point for all technical analysis communications & activities for assigned projects
- Participate in client meetings, design reviews and workshops.
- Developing a plan for all necessary activities leading to the successful delivery of the project and coordinating its execution to ensure on-time, successful completion.
- Working with the customer and internal development teams to ensure that requirements and scope are fully defined, documented and understood by all stakeholders to ensure successful, on-time delivery.
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum BSc but MSc in FE related subject desirable.
- Minimum 5 years industry experience.
- Knowledge and familiarity with finite element modelling in 2D, 3D (desirable) and of FE software.
- Experience with analysis techniques for oil and gas pipelines - subsea and onshore.
- Confident and effective working closely with customers
- Ability to explain and present report results.
- Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques.
- Knowledge of pipeline materials and insulation methods
- Hard working, proactive, extrovert and honest.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.