Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Renewables is currently recruiting for a Principal Wind Analyst to support our growing Renewables team. Ideally this role will be seated in our Austin TX or Houston TX office, but other locations and remote work locations will be accepted.
This is a client facing role that would suit a highly numerate individual with a diverse set of skills and the initiative to rise to a challenge. Wood is a leading consultant in the marketplace and, as such, is involved in some of the largest and pioneering developments, which affords exposure to a vast and exciting array of opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring technical quality of our analysis and reporting of the energy output of pre-construction and operational wind farm projects across the globe for a variety of clients (developers, lenders, investors and other project stakeholders).
- Lead, coach and develop junior team members
- Technical and quality oversight of energy yield analysis and deliverables
- Written and verbal communication of technical detail to a non-technical audience. Deliverables are primarily in the form of technical reporting
- Identify and carry out business development activities to support winning new work
- Management of projects and budgets
- Client interfacing and stakeholder management
- Oversight of technical/commercial tenders
- Awareness of the market and on-going innovation in technology and research
- Represent the company at external events and conferences
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Meteorology)
- Post-graduate qualification in a highly numerate discipline (e.g. Renewable Energy, Sustainability, Meteorology) a strong asset
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of working in an engineering consultancy/developer environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in wind data analysis (including wind analysis/energy yield assessment)
- Minimum of 2 years of stakeholder management
- Minimum of 2 years of project management experience
- Modelling of wind flow using linear and non-linear wind flow models
- Experience of authoring academic/technical papers or presenting on wind analysis/energy yield topics at industry events
- Must be a US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the USA, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.