Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Basra, Iraq
Wood is currently recruiting for an Pipeline Designe r with extensive experience in the oil and gas industry. There is no rotation associated with this position and as such, we can only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals residing in Basra and surrounding areas.
- Provide field engineering support to perform site surveys and data gathering at various locations throughout the field.
- Preparation of pipeline design deliverables using AutoCAD.
- Awareness and exposure of piping design deliverables such as piping GA's, Isometrics, pipe support drawings, MTO's and Tie-in schedule.
- Awareness of interdisciplinary activities and coordination such as PFD & P&ID's.
- Responsible for design team activities and assisting Senior Designer and Engineers.
- Assist in coordination of all activities related to pipeline discipline.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Mechanical engineering (or relevant subject).
- Intellectually capable, can substantiate the ability to apply theory in a practical context.
- Professional demeanour, interpersonal skills.
- Able to demonstrate team working skills.
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn.
- Flexible with a can-do attitude.
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Mechanical and/or Pipeline design experience.
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Mechanical and/or Pipeline design in Oil & Gas industry.
- Demonstrably practice company core values and compliance with ethics policy. Has an understanding of the company leadership framework.
- Interact with team members in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Competent in the execution of standards, processes and procedures to effect delivery of operations excellence.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Participate in audits and incident investigations as required.
- Good communicator with willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements.
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, confident and assertive.
- Problem solver.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Fluent in both spoken and written Arabic and English languages.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.