Skills: NDT Technician
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: United Kingdom
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Execute inspections as required by Offshore Inspection Engineers (OIE) and report back in the required approved format in a timely manor.
Supervise and coordinate ad-hoc NDT inspectors, 3rd party companies and/or NDT inspection teams on platform to ensure that they execute all ultrasonic testing, eddy current inspection, magnetic particle inspection, dye penetrant inspections and radiographic inspections on items of static equipment and associated piping in accordance with company, IRATA, client standards and regulatory requirements and ensure reports are in the correct format and submitted in a timely manner.
At times may be required to act as additional persons within the NDT inspection team to complete inspections in line with qualifications.
- Carry out the most effective NDT techniques to components requiring inspection
- Utilise rope access capabilities when required working at height for long periods of time
- Perform rope access inspection safely in harsh environments ensuring that regular breaks are taken
- Ensure that the correct rope access equipment is utilized and that harness is worn at all times
- Ensure that work area is safe to carry out rope access activities
- Ensure permits are in place for technicians and work-scope is readily available for inspection
- Evaluate results of the test in accordance with applicable specification
- Ensure inspection is carried out within the parameters of the applicable specification
- Produce clear and concise reports detailing the methods used and results of the inspection with isometrics or sketches showing the areas inspected and the results obtained. Report all findings noting any limitations / test restrictions is applicable
- Cross check all NDT reports to ensure the quality / results / scope of the report is correct, ensuring the correct procedure & technique is referenced, the equipment / consumables reported are correct and in calibration and the report is the correct revision. Once checked countersign as supervisor.
- Send signed sample reports to the office for audit purposes to cross check quality
- Report any near hit's, incidents-accidents and first aid actions as per Oceaneering procedure utilizing the correct report format
- Ensure client specific observation / safety cards are being completed daily by all technicians
- Perform regular safety and pre job toolbox talks to technicians
- Carry out risk assessments/Take2 as required
- Supervise any radiography teams on the platform and ensure they are completing the radiography pre-post checklist sheets each day they perform radiography
- Perform routine technician feedback to management on their attitude, punctuality, safety performance and competence
- Ensure technicians annually perform technical monitoring audits as per qualified NDT discipline
- Ensure function tests are performed according to the procedure on all NDT and radiography equipment and any faulty equipment is detailed back to the supervisor
- Ensure UT technicians perform probe checks each day they perform UT inspection on site
- Maintain and control NDT equipment and consumables ensuring equipment/consumable registers are accurately updated and sent through to NDT Project Management
- Ensure and track all company inspection equipment on platform is calibrated and well maintained and report accordingly
- Ensure all consumables are in date and consumable certificate of conformance are present.
- Prior to packing any returned equipment check labelling is accurate, container is locked, and all equipment has been verified
- Support OIE in producing IQ's
- Maintain company's inspection files
- Perform relief OIE duties as & when required
- Carry out work in accordance with Oceaneering operating procedures and statutory/client specifications and requirements
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- ASNT/PCN L2 or CSWIP Visual Inspection
- Valid Passport
- ASNT/PCN Level 2 minimum in three disciplines including UT, MT, PT & ECI
- IRATA L1 (minimum).
- Offshore Survival / Offshore Medical / M.I.S.T / Cat A E.B.S / Bi-Deltoid Measurement / Eye Test
- GCSE pass in English, Maths and Science
- Flexible approach, team player and good communication skills
- Excellent organisation and interpersonal skills
- Eng.Tech accreditation with the Engineering Council or equivalent
- Valid full UK driving licence
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.