Skills: Modeling, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Renewable Hybrid Systems Consultant specialising in Solar PV, Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and/or Power-X systems to join our expanding Renewables team in the Americas.
Working within our Renewables business, the role is part of a multi-disciplinary team specialising in renewable energy and grid integration, providing advisory, engineering and technical solutions primarily for hybrid solar, energy storage, and Power-X projects. Our work includes grid power systems specially designed for remote locations with capacities of only a few hundred kilowatts, right up to some of the world's largest energy developments with capacities of thousands of megawatts.
The principal responsibilities of this post include:
- Leading and supporting hybrid solar, BESS and Power-X project developments, providing engineering and economic inputs from initial assessment, through to technical and economic feasibility, development phase due diligence, construction monitoring, acceptance and operation monitoring (primarily in the megawatt scale)
- Managing and utilizing internal modelling and analysis tools and systems for project deliverables
- Preparing technical documents including specifications, reports, proposals, calculations and contracts
- Technical and economic assessment of hybrid solar, BESS, and Power-X projects
- Supporting our wider team of multi-disciplined engineers needed to deliver our scope of work, including Solar PV, BESS and other technical specialisms
- Acting as an interface and point of contact for clients, supporting the development of client relationships
- Management of projects or tasks within projects, taking responsibility for technical, programme and budget performance
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Energy Engineering, Economics or Statistics; Masters degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in the development, construction, commissioning and/or operation of BESS, solar or hybrid projects
- 1-3 years experience with with hybrid, solar, BESS and Power-X modelling and forecasting (e.g. usable energy output, cycling, performance analysis, degradation analysis and forecasting, revenue streams stacking, techno-economic optimisation, among others)
- Experience in energy modelling software, e.g. HOMER Pro, HOMER Grid, Fractal Model X, PVsyst, etc
- Demonstrated understanding of the key technical and commercial aspects of hybrid PV, BESS and Power-X projects
- Familiarity with solar PV and BESS technical inputs to financial models
- Ability to produce high quality technical reports to predefined deadlines
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- A flexible and proactive approach to project delivery with good organisational/project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; bilingualism an asset
- Must be US citizen, or authorized to work lawfully in the USA, without sponsorship from Wood
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.