Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: El Paso, Texas, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Junior to Intermediate Environmental Specialist to join our team in El Paso, Texas.
The successful candidate will have a diploma or university degree in a related field, be hands-on, mechanically inclined and enjoy working in both an office setting and outdoors in all weather conditions. The role will initially be focused on field sampling and can include long hours and occasional evening and weekend work. This is an opportunity to grow your career and work on challenging projects with a leading consultancy, engineering and project management firm.
- Supervision of drilling operations for environmental investigations which will involve the installation of boreholes and monitoring wells, logging the boreholes, soil classification and collection of soil samples, carrying out field testing using a variety of instruments, and prepare soil samples for laboratory analyses as required;
- Carry out groundwater sampling and monitoring programs involving the use field instruments/equipment (low flow sampling equipment and flow through meters to measure field parameters), and prepare groundwater samples for laboratory analyses as required;
- Perform a variety of field tests to determine soil classification and properties;
- Assist with the compilation of field data, record keeping and coordination of work including communication through verbal and written correspondence;
- Assist with the preparation of Phase I / II ESAs, ground water monitoring and remediation reports and proposals;
- Collaborate with other Wood environmental staff on projects in the region.
Skills / Qualifications
- You have a College diploma or University degree in Geological, Civil, Environmental or Biology;
- You have 2-10 years of related work experience;
- You have strong written and oral communication (English) skills;
- You have a desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence;
- You have a valid driver's license and ability to operate a company vehicle appropriate for carrying field equipment;
- You have working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word and Excel);
- You are able to lift 50 lbs, and conduct other physically strenuous tasks such as shoveling and hand augering, etc.;
- You're team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem solving skills;
- Texas licensing (asbestos, geosciences, engineering) an asset.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.