Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior 3D Layout Designer with m ultidisciplinary 3D modelling proficiency and experience with process plant layout using Aveva E3D or Aveva PDMS .
- Efficient production of mechanical arrangement drawings from process flow diagrams.
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSE policies, manuals and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community and the environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Detailed design and production of mechanical drawings encompassing all aspects of a plant construction package in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Update of G. A's regularly with latest vendor data and drawing information.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of Wood standards and procedures.
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed.
- Inter-discipline drawing checking.
- Coordination of drawing packages.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
- Training of junior draughtsmen.
- Support other disciplines / division.
- Project drawing register - Update as per procedures.
- Production of drawings and schedules to agreed schedule and within budget.
- Production of drawing packages completed on time and within agreed budget.
- Process vendor data within agreed timeframes.
- Knowledge and adherence to CAD procedures.
- Adherence to applicable standards and procedures.
- Monitor errors/rectification reports from site and seek feedback from fabricators and construction personnel.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or requisite experience
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Multidisciplinary 3D modelling proficiency having experience with process plant layout
- 5 - 10 years of experience working within Aveva E3D or Aveva PDMS
- Minimum of 5 years mechanical design drawing experience of which at least 3 years are in the mining and mineral processing area.
- Good understanding of mechanical technology.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Broad knowledge / experience in fabrication, construction and operations.
- Well-developed computer skills with a good knowledge of relevant CAD software and a working knowledge of relational databases and spreadsheets.
- Good knowledge of Wood systems and previous projects (a minimum of 2 years exposure).
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised, focus on task completion, initiative.
- An open mind to new ideas / concepts.
- Good understanding of project process
- Team management, leadership,
- motivational and organisational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.