Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently recruiting for Piping Designers on a contract basis for our head office in Bryanston.
- To provide draughting and design direction and supervision to ensure:
- Drawing accountabilities are met.
- Timely information transfer to other roles / disciplines / department.
- Efficient production of piping arrangement drawings and isometrics
- To work in a safe manner, complying with and actively contributing to the Wood Health, Safety and Environmental HSSE policies, manuals, and procedures. At all times considering the health, safety and welfare of fellow workers, visitors, clients, community, and the environment.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Detailed design and production of piping drawings encompassing all aspects in accordance with relevant standards and project requirements.
- Equipment and piping layout capabilities for feasibility and study work.
- Timely completion of piping drawings and schedules.
- Adherence to project man-hour budgets.
- Induction and supervision of designers in the use of Wood standards and procedures.
- Supervision of designers to ensure project design requirements are followed.
- Coordination of drawing packages.
- Timely transfer of information to other disciplines.
- Training of junior draughtspersons.
- Support other disciplines / division
- Develop Piping MTO's and/or Preliminary BOM's.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or requisite experience.
- Minimum of 10 years mechanical / piping design draughting experience of which at least 5 years are in the mining and mineral processing area.
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Good understanding of mechanical / piping technology.
- Experience with 3D modelling in intelligent modelling packages is advantageous. (Aveva Preferred)
- Experience with design drafting of HDPE Piping systems.
- Well-developed computer skills with good knowledge of relevant 3D CAD software, relational databases, and spreadsheets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Wood systems and previous projects.
- Experience with process plant design and layout.
- Broad knowledge / experience in process, construction, and operations.
- Understanding of other discipline requirements.
- Good checking skills, ability to work unsupervised.
- Focus on task completion, initiative, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others
- Demonstrated integrity and ethics. relationship
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.