United States, US
United States, US
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United States, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Primary Location: West Virginia-Morgantown
Job: Field Operations
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil exploration, development and production within North America. Visit SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It's a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years. Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That's why we give employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits.
POSITION LOCATION MAY BE IN OH RENO, WV MORGANTOWN, OR LA GLOSTER
The Motorman is primarily responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing drilling machinery and equipment. They will perform maintenance to the equipment and minor repairs in a safe and efficient manner under the direct supervision of the Driller. The Motorman assists the Floorman with their duties on the rig floor.
- Performs rig up and rig down activities as assigned.
- Performs "nippling up" or "nippling-down" of the blowout preventer stack.
- Performs general repairs and maintenance on major and minor rig components.
- Assists the Assistant Driller (Derrickman) with mud-mixing duties.
- Performs emergency procedures.
- Ensures that work carried out is in compliance with company policies and procedures and
according to safety regulations.
- High school diploma, GED, or the equivalent is preferred
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to interact with others in a team environment
- Minimum training requirements: Health, Safety and Environment Orientation and Rig Specific Start Up Training, Well Control Certification, Supervisor Level, Drilling Only, and Horizontal and Extended Reach Drilling (HERDIT)
- Three (3) to five (5) years prior experience in procedures associated with drilling a well.
- The work of this position requires: < >Manual dexterity to operate drilling tools.Frequent movement of up to 100 lbs. to lift, push, pull or carry equipment and to control brake handle.Reaching, climbing and balancing is required to climb flights of stairs, vertical ladders up to 140 feet high and reach and handle equipment.Vision and depth perception to supervise and monitor equipment and conditions on rig.SWN requires newly hired employees in all positions to be fully vaccinated or to have had the second dose of COVID-19 vaccine on or before first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with SWN's HR department after you receive an offer of employment, if any. SWN does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of an offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Southwestern Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, present military status or veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.