Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Senior Civil Designer to join our Transportation Group based in our Burlington, Richmond Hill or Cambridge ON offices with the flexbility to work remotely.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Technologist to work on dynamic transportation projects in a team environment for municipal and provincial highways projects.
- Undertake preliminary and detail engineering design work for rural or urban road and highway improvement projects utilizing design, Microstation and CAD software
- Manage multiple projects and junior technical staff that may be assigned to provide technical support
- Conduct quality control reviews
- Prepare tender documents
- Liaise and coordinate with the project team
- Undertake construction liaison
- Mentor and supervise junior technicians
- Liaise with clients and agencies
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Minimum five (5) of related experience
- Accomplished in the use of MicroStation and InRoads, and/or AutoCAD and Civil 3D; MTO and TAC design standards and guides and other design software
- Registration with OACETT is an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.