Skills: Business Analyst, Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for an Engineering Systems Projectwise Administrator to help develop and administrate a project and corporate Projectwise Environment, strategy and deployment, for each phase of the Capital Projects (Pre FEED / FEED / EPC / As-built and Site asset management) for our clients. The position is available on a staff or fixed term contract basis.
The Bentley Systems ProjectWise System Administrator performs a variety of work supporting the ProjectWise Administrative team that involves planning and coordinating the installation, testing, operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems and the planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training in response to customer requirements.
- Assists with ProjectWise system administration support (the installation and configuration of software) to the servers which run ProjectWise. As the software environment matures the incumbent will provide hardware system configuration analysis, specifications, and recommendations that determine hardware replacement/upgrade priorities
- Assist with support for customized environment for planning, testing, and implementation prior to the deployment of upgrades and security patches
- Assists with analysis of system capability; develops functional and system requirements; completes business process design and workflow; ensures integration with other modules, system components, and other BPA applications
- Assists with resolving client service problems and disruptions caused by server/back office problems.
- Assists in researching and resolving all functional development and production issues
- Assists with User Account management to ensure that only authorized employees are able to access the system. Grants user rights based on the requirements of the positions and the functional business needs
- Assists with Applying and maintaining ProjectWise system security - including collaboration with the Bonneville Cyber Security organization to ensure latest security requirements are implemented
- Participate in user/stakeholder interviews and joint requirements planning sessions. Creates requirements documentation; reviews with user representatives, recommends priorities and obtains user signoff. Manages the requirements documentation created and maps it to specific software releases
- Analyze and develop solutions for maintaining ProjectWise data. Define requirements for data cleanup routines that maintain data integrity
- Develop application documentation that is accurate, including process flows. Create new documentation for all changes and enhancements
- Assists with Installation and configuration of all Bentley applications, including; MicroStation, IRASB, InRoads, and Facilities Planner
- Assists with Troubleshooting and modifying custom MicroStation environments and configuration files
- Assists with Developing and delivering system training and participates in process workshops
Desktop System Administration :
- Provide ProjectWise desktop support (the installation and configuration of software) to clients located throughout the Agency. This includes customizing the interface to optimize the user ability to efficiently use the tools.
- Monitor ProjectWise related Help Desk calls and assists with the resolution of client service problems and disruptions on individual work stations escalates and works with the appropriate vendor technical resources for problems that cannot be resolved by the CAD Support team.
- Assists with requirements analysis regarding desktop hardware and software necessary for clients prior to the use of the ProjectWise software.
- Participates in information technology planning and analytical support by coordinating technical resources and efforts with other departments.
- Principles and methods for integrating information system components, performance tuning tools and techniques, and systems diagnostic tools and fault identification techniques specifically related to Bentley applications and ProjectWise system administration
Skills / Qualifications
- Communication skills including training and technical documentation
- Knowledge of software design concepts and methods sufficient to configure and support technical architecture for Bentley ProjectWise and other enterprise level applications
- Ability to configure and administer Bentley ProjectWise and enterprise-level, integrated applications, including installation, maintenance of environments (e.g. install, development, test, staging, production, etc.), patching, fixes, upgrades, code management
- Working knowledge of SQL databases and SQL scripting
- Working knowledge of Windows OS and batch scripting
- Skill in effective communication, both verbally and in writing
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.