Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood provides environmental and transportation engineering design expertise to provincial, regional and municipal road authorities employing over 5,500 individuals in our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions business across North America. Operating from 17 offices across Ontario, our company offers a comprehensive suite of services, including proven success in leading multi-disciplinary teams on projects of varying size, complexity and procurement models, from preliminary assessment and design through to detail design, contract preparation, tendering, construction administration, inspection and post-construction monitoring.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Intermediate Transportation Engineer or Transportation Technologist to join our Transportation Group based in either Cambridge, Burlington or Richmond Hill, ON.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on dynamic transportation projects in a team environment for municipal and provincial highways projects.
- Undertake preliminary and detail engineering design for rural or urban road and highway improvement projects including Design Build and P3 Delivery
- Manage multiple projects and staff that may be assigned to provide technical support
- Provide technical direction including completion of quality control reviews
- Prepare standard engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs and estimates
- Prepare and review tender documents
- Undertake contract administration and construction liaison
- Liaise and coordinate with multiple project team disciplines
- Mentor and supervise junior engineers and technicians
- Liaise with clients and agencies
- Prepare or contribute to preparation of proposals and project presentations
Skills / Qualifications
- Post-secondary education with an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or a Civil Engineering Technologist diploma
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience with road and highway projects
- Experience with all aspects of roadway design (i.e. alignments, geometrics, staging, utilities, roadside safety, quantity calculations, contract documents and constructability)
- Experience on MTO projects is an asset
- Knowledge of several or all of the following software packages an asset: AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, InRoads and MTO design standards and guides
- Professional licensing with PEO or an OACETT membership would be an asset
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.