Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Jandakot, Western Australia, Australia
Senior Wireline Operator
Would you like the opportunity to learn cutting-edge technology?
Would you like the opportunity to work for our outstanding Oilfield Services Wireline Team
Join our Oilfield Services Team
Baker Hughes is the first and only comprehensive provider of digital oilfield products, services and solutions. Drawing inspiration from its rich heritage as an inventor company, Baker Hughes harnesses the passion and expertise of its people to improve productivity throughout the entire oil and gas value chain.
Partner with the best
As a Senior Wireline Operator, you will be able to learn and develop your knowledge and gain valuable technical insight. You will be guided by an experienced team who will mentor you to understand wellsite problems and how to develop resolutions.
As a Senior Wireline Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Safely delivering an array wireline services in an offshore environment, under the supervision of a Wireline Engineer and Wireline Crew chief
- Working directly with client's wellsite supervisor offshore to deliver wireline objectives in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage spares and offshore inventory
- Be directly responsible for the safe operation of Wireline Surface pressure control equipment
- Be competent to operate a wireline hoist unit, to safely deploy a vast array of services in and out of the wellbore
- Support the safe deployment of ballistic operations as required under the supervision of the Wireline field engineer and Crew Chief
- Carrying out duties at the wellsite for the work as per the instructions received
- Performing tool maintenance and job site supervision of wireline operators and maintaining a high level of safety awareness.
- Maintaining records and communications as required by the Supervising Engineer
- Being responsible for proper job-related paperwork and other records for self and assigned crew
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in offshore wireline operations, specifically with Rigless or Hydraulic Workover units
- Be able to work in a demanding offshore environment in varying weather conditions
- Hold a high degree of competency in preparation and operation of Wireline Surface Pressure Control Equipment
- Be a team player and display good communication skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with customers
- Have ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, milestones and deliverables
- Be available to join our team quickly and to work in Australia without the need for a visa
This role is a full-time position based in Perth, on an even time rotation to and from various offshore location
From time to time, complete regular working hours as required onshore to complete specific training tasks or assist with equipment preparation
Salary Range: AUD 65,000 - 85,000 / Per-annum
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.