Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our North Atlantic Operations team and will reside in either the Portland, Maine, Rocky Hill, Connecticut, or Bayside New York offices. Remote work outside of the offices listed may be considered based on qualifications of applicant. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 15 years' experience in effectively developing project work and managing, implementing, and overseeing environmental assessment and remediation projects under RCRA, CERCLA, VRP, and Brownfields regulatory programs, as well as other related environmental projects. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience with managing a team and a strong customer focus. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills including a strong technical understanding of their primary area of practice and experience in other aspects of environmental consulting, including business development and business management interests, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities. This strategic role has responsibility for contributing to the growth of our operations. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. The selected candidate will be able to effectively develop and manage project work across sectors such as environmental, energy, manufacturing, technology for commercial clients as well as Federal, state and local governments. The Portland, North Atlantic Operation is a multi-disciplinary science/engineering/architecture team of 130+ staff that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
Why join our Portland Wood Team? We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base! Our knowledgeable and skilled Architects, Engineers, & Scientists, Remediation Engineers, Chemists, Data Visualization Specialists are what make us known in the Industry and drive our recognition for delivering high quality and technical excellence. We realize this success is the result of the efforts and abilities of our people. With such large scope and brand recognition, our employees have the opportunity to work on complex and diverse projects. Our team takes pride in maintaining a small family-like environment, while also having the structure, resources and opportunities of a large international organization. Our Portland office is right in the heart of Downtown Portland; a diverse and lively city with an outstanding restaurant scene and lots to do if you're an outdoor enthusiast or love the arts - something for everyone! What is considered the hub of Wood's Northeast Region, we are looking to grow our team in supporting our current workload as well as advance our 2020 strategic planning and vision - please consider joining us! (Note: Wood will consider employment for this position from locations remote to Portland, Maine)
- Experience delivering projects up to $1,000,000 with demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, attention to detail, and quality work products
- Ability to generate backlog for themselves and others.
- Act as primary contact with clients, generate momentum sales and identify and pursue new business targets.
- Coordinate project resourcing with Department Managers
- Prepare project scopes, proposals, cost estimates and statement of qualifications
- Maintain cost awareness by all project personnel throughout all phases of project execution and deliver the profit as-bid
- Identifies, documents, and tracks changes in scope of work and/or change orders, obtains approvals, and ensures that information needed for change orders is current and accurate.
- Monitors project and subcontractor personnel routinely to establish presence as a resource and to ensure proper compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- Reviews and approves invoices, codes invoices for proper entry into cost control system, and performs system entry as needed. Resolves coding errors.
- Prepares billings to customers, identifies potential complications in receiving timely payment and addresses such concerns prior to submission to customer.
- Prepares for and participate in periodic Project Reviews with senior management to evaluate and report on project performance and forecasting
- Leads proposal development efforts
- Works with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Works effectively with team members as well as independently
- Participates and collaborates with other Wood offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments.
- Directs project document control process, ensures that appropriate parties possess all documentation necessary on a timely basis.
- Some daytime and overnight travel is expected (20-30% of the time)
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S or M.S. Engineering, Geology, Environmental Science, or related technical field
- At least 15 years' of project management experience
- Appropriate professional registration or certification
- Knowledgeable of environmental policies and regulations
- Demonstrated abilities in leadership, management, and administration
- Demonstrated ability to manage, interface and communicate well at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to develop business from new and existing clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge and compliance expertise
- Strong personal safety culture
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Monitors costs, reviewing cost analysis reports and communicating variances or budgetary concerns to Project Manager. Communicates updates on purchases and customer
Additional Certifications and Skills Preferred:
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training in accordance with 29CFR 1910.120
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Project and Access
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.