Portland, Maine, United States
Portland, Maine, United States
Skills: Project Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Portland, Maine, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Assistant Remediation/Environmental Site Assessment Project Manager to join our team and will reside in either the Portland ME or Rocky Hill, CT office. The successful candidate will act as an assistant project manager for commercial clients primarily in the northeast. Projects generally include delivery of investigation and remediation projects at contaminated Sites.
- Resource to the project manager and owner and may serve as a point of contact for addressing project-related questions, changes in scope of work, quality concerns or project delays
- Project and budget management including resource management and oversight
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Collaboration and participation in technical discussions with team members
- Participate in proposal efforts
- Full engagement in project responsibilities and working closely with project manager to ensure timeliness of regulatory submittals and client satisfaction
- Assists the Project Manager in pre-project task planning to determine schedules and operational phases; shares information and seeks to troubleshoot any issue in advance of effect on the project. Assists in keeping management apprised of situations creating potential delays or risk management issues.
- Participates in progress meetings, providing input as needed and communicating outcomes to the Project Manager.
- Provides estimates to appropriate parties within deadline for submittal.
- Establishes the project framework and coding within project management software to accurate track and allocate costs; reviews coded invoices to ensure accuracy and makes changes as necessary.
- Assists in coordinating resources for the project, including, acquiring required permits, obtaining safety materials, and procuring materials and supplies.
- Provides directions, schedules, and updates to subcontractors, performs quality checks, creates punch lists, and monitors completion of project specifications.
- Monitors costs, reviewing cost analysis reports and communicating variances or budgetary concerns to Project Manager. Communicates updates on purchases and cost of completion to customer.
- Identifies, documents and tracks changes in scope of work and/or change orders, obtains approvals, and ensures that information needed for change orders is current and accurate.
- Directs project document control process, ensures that appropriate parties possess all documentation necessary on a timely basis.
- Monitors project and subcontractor personnel routinely to establish presence as a resource and to ensure proper compliance with safety standards and regulations. Assists with documentation and investigation of accidents and in collecting safety plans of action from project foremen.
- Reviews and approves invoices, codes invoices for proper entry into cost control system, and performs system entry as needed. Resolves coding errors.
- Assists Project Manager in the preparation of billings to customers, identifies potential complications in receiving timely payment and addresses such concerns prior to submission to customer.
- Documents project progress via photographs on a regular basis and maintains photo archives of project milestones from beginning to completion.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Engineering, Geology or Environmental Science
- 4 - 6 years + task management or assistant project management experience
- Good communication, report writing and presentation skills in English
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites mostly in the northeast region
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.