Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Delft, South Holland, Netherlands
Would creating future energy products excite you?
Do you love collaborating with teams to solve complex problems and deliver solutions?
Join our Scrum teams!
Our growing team produces industry leading applications and software platforms used in Well Construction. We collaborate with cross-functional teams and experts to shape innovative products which are utilized by customers in the energy domain, geothermal wells and water-management. The organization consists of 10+ scrum teams.
Partner with the best
Your priority is seamless integration and alignment of perspectives from a broad set of stakeholders: Product Managers, Technical Anchors, Service Owners and Software Engineers, working with cross-functional teams to deliver features and significant products, owning the short-term roadmap for MVPs and quarterly releases and continuously prioritize in accordance with the understanding and validation of customer problems and needs.
As a Product Owner, you will be responsible for:
- Demonstrating expert level skill in problem decomposition and ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Engaging frequently (80%) with the development team; facilitate discussions, provide clarification, story acceptance and refinement, testing and validation; contributes to design activities and decisions
- Owning and managing the backlog; continuously order and prioritize to ensure that 1-2 sprints/iterations of backlog are always ready
- Collaborating with UX in design decisions, demonstrating deep understanding of technology stack and impact on final product
- Conducting customer and stakeholder interviews and elaborate on personas
- Partnering with the Service Owner to ensure healthy development process
- Being regarded as an expert in Agile Methodology; translate unstructured or ambiguous work requests into actionable user stories and work units through problem decomposition and planning
- Demonstrating superior persuasion and influencing skills that ensure alignment between customer, product manager and engineering team
- Demonstrating excelling business acumen, knows latest industry trends and is looked at as an internal expert on the product as well as the associated competitive landscape
- Mentoring junior team members
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree. A minimum 6 years of professional experience.
- Have strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns.
- Have experience working in Agile engineering environment
- Be familiar with versatile implementation options.
- Have a professional proficiency in English
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
- Hybrid working model
- Working 4 or 5 days a week (32-40 hours per week)
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we must push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Working in large software development project in a multicultural environment.
- Agile Testing best practice learning.
- Access to online-learning resources, namely Baker Hughes Learning and Udemy.
- Access to additional training opportunities, career growth, knowledge sharing, including other disciplines.
- Flexible working hours.
- Bonus program.
- Healthcare allowance of € 138.70 gross per month.
- 25 Vacation days, the year after (if not been ill) 5 days extra
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.