Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently seeking an Engineering Manager in order to grow its Brisbane Mining & Mineral group to meet the large demand in critical metals projects.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
We can offer you a career in the ever-expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. As a move towards a greener future, we require someone to be oversee the technical aspects of a multi-discipline engineering scope of work on one or more projects / work scopes. This role has the responsibility for coordinating and completing the various engineering, and start-up aspects of a project(s) while meeting HSSE, quality, schedule, and budget performance goals across all disciplines.
As part of this highly visible role, key accountabilities include (but will not be limited to):
- Driving technical assurance on the assigned scope(s) of work
- Managing and leading, supporting and supervising the discipline engineering teams on the
assigned scope(s) of work.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities.
- Developing and retaining motivated and competent people.
- Undertaking the role of process owner.
- Driving safety by design
- Driving and leading on opportunities for innovation
- May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the
engineering work of the department.
- Leads by example, consistently displaying and enforcing the Company's values and behaviours, and commitment to the highest standards of safe and ethical behaviour, to ensure safe and reliable operations and client satisfaction
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart is your previous experience in a large engineering company and excellent knowledge across mining and mineral projects. You will also have worked on major critical battery projects. Other experience we will look for includes:
- 15+ years progressive experience in discipline engineering
- 5+ years in a leadership role
- Bachelor's degree or Masters (preferred) in an engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer/Registered Professional Engineer or equivalent with recognised professional body
- Balance of techical and management experience at relevant level and position.
- Typically requires several years of supervisory experience with an understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety
- Broad and extensive knowledge of engineering theories and techniques and a high level of skill in application of this knowledge in the management of the engineering function
- Capable of representing business and client to business associates in a professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of influencing people at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in forecast planning for people resources.
- Skilled in recruitment and selection, employee communication and management including performance management.
- Able to implement and embed standards and processes to effect delivery of engineering excellence.
- Good knowledge of regulatory framework and associated legislation.
- Current knowledge of industry and technology development within area of expertise.
- Expert in Engineering excellence.
- Able to carry out audit and incident investigations
- Good Project management skills.
- Skilled in mediation and dispute resolution
- Financial and commercial awareness.
- Role models company values, behaviours and ethics, and promotes same in others
- Significant persuasion and influencing skills
- Awareness, respect and the ability to reconcile cultural diversity
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Engineer Manager, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.