Skills: Materials Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Al Khobar, Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia
Wood is recruiting a Piping - TPE V/ Piping Material Specialist to further increase the capacity and knowledge base of the well - established Piping Engineering department This will give you the opportunity to work on a wide range of Wood projects
- Assists in establishing project aims and outcomes to contribute to the development of a comprehensive project design.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling projects
- Makes recommendations on project organization requirements, work methods and procedures and technical innovations by devising practical and economical solutions to problems in own or various engineering disciplines.
- Supervises and participates in delivery of complex engineering tasks.
- Formulates and directs investigations or prototype, model and system studies, evaluating and interpreting the data obtained and recommending practical application of results.
- Contributes to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and complex coordination requirements.
- Coordinates implementation of design engineering solutions.
- Reviews project-related documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Supervises complex engineering tasks related to a portion of a major project
- Work consists of complex procedures and tasks where diagnostic ability is required to assess the situation and identify appropriate actions to follow
- Assignments cover broad and complex subject matter where issues and factors may by characterized by unusual demands and require additional evaluation to establish the nature and scope of the problem
- Exercises mature business judgement in devising practical, economical solutions
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Assesses work against standards, aims and specifications.
- Adhere to and comply with relevant discipline specific procedures and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Organising, active participation and occasional leading of design review
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 10 Yrs experience in executing Oil & Gas projects
- Technically competent in own discipline, pursues continuous professional development of skills and knowledge according to standards
- Professional level of knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Ability to supervise, manage, motivate and mentor technical professionals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.