Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, direct, and coordinate activities of single or multiple projects to ensure that goals or objectives of a project are safely accomplished within a prescribed time frame and funding parameters and that the customer receives a quality product or service that meets or exceeds all of the requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews project proposal or plans to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Sets up and monitors project budget.
- Assists customer in preparation of design ideas and specifications.
- Establishes and monitors project execution plan, budget, and staffing for each phase of project.
- Ensures development of effective project schedules and understands the critical path(s) of the project(s). After the project kicks off, monitors the status of the schedule and ensures reaction to any developments concerning the critical path or other key elements of the project(s) schedule is effective and timely.
- Maintains customer communication from conception through design, manufacture, testing and shipping of products while developing strong customer relationship and building for future work from customer base. Includes identifying opportunities for Oceaneering in other areas then just the target scope.
- Ensures project scope is achieved as well as initiating change management processes as variations and changes from contract requirements or execution plan occurs. Variations or changes include but are not limited to, deliverables quantities, technical requirements, quality requirements, schedule changes and approval delays.
- Arranges and monitors assignments of project personnel and key functional department support. This may require establishing work plan and staffing for each phase of project as well as arranging recruitment of project personnel.
- Updates proposal risk register and maintains register as project evolves which includes developing effective mitigation plans for significant risks and identifying any new risks as they arise. Escalates any risks accordingly to ensure appropriate management is aware as well as developing lessons learned for future or concurrent projects.
- Ensures key project control documents are generated and maintain such as: Quality plans and ITP. MDL and/or SDRL. Risk Registers and Lessons Learned. RAM. Communication Plans and associated systems related to communication control. Manufacturing Databooks. ETC.
- Validates and verifies the quality requirements of all deliverables, both documentation and hardware and that they meet the appropriate specifications.
- Generates purchase requisitions and reviews and approves supplier invoices.
- Prepares project reports, forecasts, variance explanations and other technical and financial reports for management, client, or others.
- Travels domestically and overseas as needed.
- Maintains training requirements as directed by management
- Assists in system configuration and costing of the system and components during the bid stage.
- Prepares project reports for management which includes monthly reports, status, financial and forecast, along with delivering all appropriate customer reports as outline in contract and required to fully communicate status, change management and issues.
- Works with Groups Project Manager to ensure project and departmental controls and policies are adhered to.
- Facilitates technical advice and problem resolution with internal and external customers.
- Confers with technical project personnel to provide guidance where appropriate to ensure technical objectives are being met; ensure scope changes are being captured.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Groups Project Manager.
- Dotted line reporting to other groups that include engineering, bids/proposals and production
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, technical or Business discipline, or equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Minimum 7-10 years' experience working in a project management function with large project responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office365.
- Ability to learn and navigate in PeopleSoft or similar enterprise management software, AutoCAD®, SolidWorks, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Must hold/maintain a valid passport and be able to obtain visas for international travel
- Ability to obtain the credential/clearance for TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card)
- An Accredited Engineering Degree.
- Risk Management training.
- Formal training in Project Management.
- PMP certification.
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.