Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Structural Drafter to join our Industrial team in our Vancouver office in British Columbia.
We offer a broad range of professional development and career growth opportunities and are committed to helping our staff achieve their potential. If you have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, strong technical fundamentals, and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Providing structural design and drafting support.
- Preparing drawings for structural steel, reinforced concrete, using Aveva E3D and AutoCAD.
- Reviewing project documents prior to issue for scope and presentation against project standards and specifications
- Coordinating and working with project team members
- Adhering to established design guidelines and procedures
- Maintaining accurate design files for reference purposes
Skills / Qualifications
- Structural technician / technology diploma from a recognized college
- 1-3 years structural drafting experience on heavy industrial projects or related design experience
- Experience using Aveva E3D and AutoCAD
- Drafting and design experience within a consulting engineering environment
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.