Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Essential duties & responsibilities :
- Develop state-of-the-art controls & automation systems technology.
- Design Software and implement automation system networks, including specifying communications protocols, communications media and associated hardware.
- Conduct hardware & software verification and validation.
- Able to travel (40% +) to Manufacturing location (Duncan) and remote oil field location across US.
Education / Experience / Knowledge :
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline and 2 years of related experience. Completion of a master's degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
- Prefer Minimum of master's degree (electrical, mechanical, chemical, or aerospace engineering) with 2 to 10 years control systems engineering experience or related/applicable experience.
- Experience in oil & gas and power generation preferred. Experience in large-scale industrial processes (chemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas refining) is essential to be successful in this role.
- Strong experience with National Instruments Hardware cRIO, Sb-RIO, PXI, and Software - LabVIEW, TestStand, LabWindows. NI CLD or CLA is preferred but not required.
- Proven experience in the development of advanced controls systems and Human Machine Interface (HMI) including National Instruments, PLC-based systems including model-based predictive and corrected parameter controls.
- Strong background and experience in signal processing and analysis, control systems, system dynamics, and associated mathematics and computation.
- Experience with system identification and estimation techniques.
- Experience with data acquisition and measurement systems.
Competencies, skills, and abilities :
- Ability to program in LabVIEW, Test Stand, LabWindows/CVI, Standard PLC Systems, Microsoft Visual Studio, C# and C++, VB.net, and Matlab/Simulink. NI CLD or CLA is preferred but not required.
- Expertise implementing National Instrument cRIO, Siemens PCS7 and/or Allen Bradley control systems. Experience in other system platforms will be considered.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings and diagrams, electrical schematics, piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), flow charts and cause and effect diagrams.
- Skills acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline and 10 years of related experience. Completion of a masters or doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline is preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 121596
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Production Enhancement
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.