Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa
Wood is currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Rotating Equipment Engineer that has previous experience of working across Feasibility Studies and FEEDs, plus EPC projects. This is an opportunity for you to become a valuable, well-rounded member of an experienced team, with successful candidates taking responsibility for Rotating Equipment issues and deliverables on Wood's projects at all stages of the design process.
- Review and verification of equipment supplier's engineering, as well as the testing and commissioning of equipment
- Assist with specification and selection of suitable rotating machinery, plus testing and commissioning of suitable equipment
- Provide specialist engineering support to global projects in a major engineering contractor organisation.
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications, such as Specification and Mechanical Data Sheets, for Enquiry
- Technical evaluation / clarification of supplier bids, plus the technical reports to support order placement
- Preparation of Equipment Technical Specifications for order and estimates for engineering and design manhours
- Review of Process Data Sheets and Supplier documentation for integration within Project design, such as GA / Details / Calculations and Fabrication Procedures
- Project technical support - familiarity with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
- Inspection and construction support as necessary
- Technical comparison and evaluation of bids for compliance with requisition and applicable standards
- Technical supervision of supplier design and control of supplier interface, plus the co-ordination of interfaces with other engineering disciplines
- Technical support for installation and commissioning
- Plan and monitor execution of equipment aspects of projects
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc, BEng or B. Tech or National Diploma with a minimum of 10 years' experience.
- ECSA registered
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years experience working with process compressors, steam turbines and other rotating equipment
- Experience of pump selection and performance characteristics
- Additional experience of compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines and other process plant machinery would be an advantage
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of word, databases, spreadsheets and discipline related application software.
- Site experience - construction and commissioning.
- Slurry pumping experience.
- Materials Handling experience.
- Mechanical Package experience.
- Good verbal, written, interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Good organizational, administration and time management skills.
- A proactive attitude.
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness.
- A common-sense approach to everyday life.
- A willingness to treat all people with respect, integrity and consistency.
- High levels of initiative and "get up and go" to manage own work flow to meet objectives.
- A capacity for persistence and resilience and patience in a sometimes-challenging environment.
- An appreciation of the value of teamwork and willingness to work as part of a team, providing support for other team members as required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.