Skills: Financial Analyst, Risk Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brussels, Belgium
At Eni, we are looking for a Portfolio Risk Management within EGEM in Brussels, Belgium. You will be responsible for working in the Gas Portfolio Management team, a young and dynamic team within Eni SpA Belgian branch, based in Brussels, directly reporting to the Gas Portfolio Northern Europe Assets Manager.
As a member of the Portfolio Management and Trading at EGEM will be responsible for:
- Understand all contractual specifications of the gas portfolio assets (supply and sales contracts, storages, logistic capacities, etc...), all elements having a commercial value/risk.
- Supporting traders for generating positive P&L based on such asset's positions, within defined risk limits.
- Protecting the value of the gas portfolio of Eni in the European markets by implementing risk reducing hedging strategies with traders.
- Setting up and maintain the portfolio position using the appropriate (ETRM) systems. Make sure that such position is accurate at any time by performing checks and controls.
- Monitoring market risk exposure derived from different commodity indexations and foreign exchange positions.
- Suggesting improvements to the tools and procedures related to the objective of maximizing the value of the gas portfolio in a compliant way.
- Liaising with the middle office for administrative questions , related to the asset portfolio.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Previous experience in the energy or the finance market, preferably in (commodity) risk management, risk control or other financial risk related function;
- Able to work with a large amount of data, at ease with Quantitative complexity;
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus;
- Proficient in Excel; knowledge of VBA / Python / Matlab is a plus;
- You are a good, direct communicator (oral & written);
- A contract of undetermined duration;
- An interesting function, a competitive salary and an attractive set of extra-legal benefits;
- A unique opportunity to gain an experience and to grow within Eni SpA Belgian branch, the Eni group and the entire energy sector;
This job is based in Brussels, Belgium. Travelling on occasional basis is required.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.