Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Aerospace and Defense Technologies (ADTECH) group of Oceaneering is recognized as an industry leader in enabling humans to work safely and effectively in harsh environments ranging from the depths of the sea to the outer reaches of space. ADTECH specializes in the support of manned systems and the development and application of practical, cost-effective robotic systems in multiple industries.
ADTECH designs, builds, and operates unique underwater systems for the US Navy and provides life cycle maintenance services for Submarines and Deep Submergence Systems. ADTECH is developing the next generation space suit for NASA and provides robotic and spacecraft life support systems.
ADTECH's business areas are: Oceaneering Technologies, Marine Services Division, Oceaneering Space Systems, and ADTECH Manufacturing Group.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click on Non-Oilfield, then click on Naval and Marine Services.
To prepare accurate management information in a timely manner and support Operation's financial requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financials for relevant programs in accordance with corporate polices and guidelines
- Conduct variation and financial analysis
- Assist in preparing of monthly internal and external reporting for assigned programs
- Partner with Operational Regional Business Group leads and Project Managers and provide support and recommendations for opportunities for business improvement
- Support the Finance Project Manager in developing a short term and long term plan as well as rolling 15 month forecast for programs
- Recording forecast and free cash flow at the project level
- Analytics for bid review preparation, development and decision making
- Work with the FP&A leads to support investment look backs and profitability analysis on programs
- Support development of CAPEX model and applicable approval processes for specific capital expenditure
- Assist the Finance Project Manager in internal and external audit and regulatory reporting / compliance
- Help drive implementation of financial standards in the organization
- Maintain working knowledge of various government financial terminology, regulations, and clauses related to work assigned.
- Provide support in invoice processing and program procurement.
- Minimal travel may be required
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of cost accounting principles and the provisions of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Familiarity with reporting under local statutory reporting requirements
- Basic understanding of modeling concepts
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Supervisory skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A collaborative working style and ability to work across multiple geographies and with a distributed workforce
- Detail oriented
- Systematic, solution-oriented and flexible
- Solves problems and acts decisively on problems of high complexity and financial risk.
- US Citizenship required
- Post graduate qualifications
- Experience leading a team is a plus
- Working knowledge of current ERP system
- International experience is a plus
- Experience with project management/scheduling software (i.e. MS Project, MPM, etc)
The position will be Hybrid - Remote work until our return to the office post-pandemic. Applicants are expected to be able to travel to the office as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
AdTech COVID Vaccine Requirement:
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. Oceaneering joins the federal government in its effort to decrease the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, decrease worker absence, reduce labor costs, and improve the efficiency of work performed for the federal government.
As directed by Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, effective January 18, 2022, all new Oceaneering employees supporting federal government contracts must be fully vaccinated before their start date, except in the limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to a medical or religious accommodation. Unless entitled to an accommodation, applicants selected for hire must provide a copy of their COVID vaccination card.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.