Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
At Baker Hughes, we are building a Talent Community of highly talented and motivated professionals for future job roles. If you match the described job role and are as excited as we are to have you on-board in the future, please hit the apply button to be a part of our Talent Community.
As a member of our talent community, you will be amongst the first to get exclusive news about Baker Hughes, various cool projects we are working on, our employee success stories and new job opportunities you may be interested in.
Join our Global Data & Analytics Team
The team helps solve our customers' toughest challenges; making energy cheaper, and production safer for people and environment. You will create state-of-the-art data and analytics products to deliver new insights and prescribe actions for our employees, Customers and Stakeholders.
Partner with the best
You will be part of a data engineering or cross-disciplinary team on development of products, typically involving large, complex data sets. These teams typically include statisticians, computer scientists, software developers and end users. Potential application areas include remote monitoring, financial risk assessment, Services delivery, Supply Chain optimization.
As a Staff Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Being proficient in data storage solutions - OLTP, OLAP, Data Lake, Data Mesh technologies in AWS, Azure, Oracle, or SAP technologies.
- Being conversant in more than one. Proficient in multiple ETL /MDM tools - Talend, HVR, AWS or Open Source tools
- Implementing Data warehouse & Big/Small data designs with automated MDM and data quality capabilities.
- Demonstrating proficiency at industry standard data modeling tools (e.g., ERWin, ER Studio, etc.).
- Having a good understanding of Data Visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, ThoughtSpot, etc) and Data Science techniques.
- Looking across multiple systems, understands the purpose of each system and defines data requirements by systems.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Graduate in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). A minimum 6 yrs of professional experience.
- Have to deliver results when working on shorter-term (weeks-months), outcome-focused service engagements.
- Be leveraging knowledge about competitors, trends, and changing Technology environment to bring new ideas to the team.
- Have to articulate value proposition of existing technology capabilities and maps them to customer requirements to minimize cost and decrease timelines.
- Have to work collaboratively to understand vision, achieve goals, solve problems, and manage conflict. Identifies individual differences.
- Have to proactively communicate with stakeholders on key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
- Have to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
*Please remember that joining the Talent Community is not an application for any specific job at Baker Hughes but to have the privilege of being considered for an opportunity that suits your profile on priority.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.