Skills: Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood currently has a requirement in our Design HSE Group within the Engineering Department for a Senior/Principal Environmental Engineer to work on an agency basis for 6 months.
We have a number of projects developing in the near future and we are looking for an engineer to assist our experienced team. The successful candidate will have responsibility for resolution of Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design issues and the development of related deliverables across a range of Wood's projects at all stages of the design process.
We are currently looking for an engineer with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance on projects across the full life cycle, from studies and FEED to EPC and PMC, to ensure that Wood continues to differentiate itself from its competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements. Projects are generally in the energy transition, upstream oil and gas, midstream, refining and petrochemicals sectors.
Applicants with a background and in these sectors and experience in Design HSE / Environmental engineering and design and the development of related deliverables in an engineering contracting organisation should apply.
- Reporting to the Discipline Manager Design HSE, you will join a team of Design HSE professionals delivering Design HSE requirements to multi-disciplinary projects
- Required to manage Design HSE requirements to ensure the delivery of high-quality technical solutions to our clients, meeting project milestones
- Expectation that you may be the project focal point to manage environmental issues and will either work as a sole Environmental Engineer on the project, or as part of a larger team
Skills / Qualifications
- Substantial experience in the HSE profession, and with an Environmental focus, in the oil and gas industry both in the UK and overseas with FEED and EPC experience, including design office project HSE management and preferably site based HSE management roles
- Relevant first and preferably further degree level qualifications covering preferably in Engineering then Design HSE / Environmental disciplines
- Preferably Chartered or equivalent status in an Engineering Institution and / or one or more of the relevant Technical HSE / Environmental disciplines professional bodies
- Significant experience in one or more of the Technical HSE Disciplines with an Environmental emphasis
- Energy Transition, Oil & Gas, Refinery or Petrochemical experience
- Experience in a professional engineering contracting, environmental engineering or consultancy capacity
- A wide range of EIA and related permitting experience
- Computer modelling skills with relevant application software
- Fully conversant with ISO 14001
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.