Skills: Marine Engineering, Marine Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Maintain ships equipment, repair engines, electric motors, pumps, winches and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs maintenance and repairs to main engine, machinery, and equipment indicators when vessels are underway.
- Maintains electrical power, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, sewerage systems, and electrical equipment excluding radio and navigational aids.
- Responsible for routine maintenance of the machinery and equipment. This should include, but is not limited to, changing oil and filters, greasing the steering gear, anchor windlass, etc., performing electrical systems' maintenance, testing for and maintaining proper levels of diesel engine water treatment, and taking and mailing of lube oil samples.
- Upkeep and cleanliness of all engineering spaces.
- Start engines to propel ships, and regulate engines and power transmissions to control speeds of ships, according to directions from captains/chief engineers.
- Monitor and test operations of engines and other equipment so that malfunctions and their causes can be identified.
- Maintain and repair engines, electric motors, pumps, winches and other mechanical and electrical equipment, life boat motors, or assist other crew members with maintenance and repair duties.
- Performs and participates in emergency drills as required.
- Performs general marine vessel maintenance and repair work such as repairing leaks, finishing interiors, refueling, and maintaining decks.
- Maintains records of engineering department activities.
- Five (5) years minimum experience within vessel engine room.
- Merchant Mariner's Credential
- License with minimum rating of at least 10,000 ITC OSV or Unlimited and Unlimited Horsepower
- STCW (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification)
- Valid Driver's License.
- Valid TWIC card.
- Valid Passport.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Vocational training.
- Vessel experience within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- DP Experience.
- Security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics - Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect .
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences .
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required .
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lift 20-50 pounds
- Work in confined spaces, kneel, jump, run, work while lying on
- stomach/back, crawl, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identify color differences
- Wear PPE for skin protection
- Lift 10-25 pounds
- Climb stairs/ladders, stand, balance, stoop, squat, reach, and lift/carry objects Twist body, sit with back
- supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and work with arms extended overhead.
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift up to 10 pounds Wear
- PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.