Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking an Architect to join our Life Sciences (Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals) team within our Center City Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia office, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent organization and communication skills are important for this position.
- Contributes to technical delivery of engineering excellence through:
- Executing assigned scopes of work.
- Providing discipline expertise to the business.
- Uses technical knowledge to perform engineering assignments and produce a range of engineering deliverables (including complex tasks) with limited guidance and direction from more senior technical professionals.
- Evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks.
- Fully qualified to execute most standard and straightforward engineering activities, working unsupervised on most aspects of work.
- Creates and reviews designs, drawings, specifications and other engineering deliverables involving both existing and new technology and applications.
- Problems presented involve new concepts and new and varied issues that demand technical expertise, increased innovations or considerable modifications of precedents.
- Perform various tasks in each project phase: Design Development; Construction Documents; Construction Administration.
- Provide a wide range of architectural services while maintaining a sense of urgency and prioritization of tasks
- Participate and coordinate the preparation and quality check of contract documents, including drawings and specifications.
- Review and rectify designs related to all applicable Codes and produce related documents including Life-Safety and General Code Compliance drawings and narratives.
- Interdisciplinary coordination (exteriors and interiors).
- Plan and carry out successive steps and handle problems with general guidance from instructions, policies, and precedents.
- Meeting discipline cost and schedule requirements in production of deliverables, coordinate own work schedule and prepare progress reports when needed.
- Recommend changes in plans, develop alternative solutions, identify risks and benefits.
- Perform site observations such as recording and reporting of existing conditions and construction progress.
- Effectively address problems and questions as they occur during construction.
- Review vendor documents and shop drawings.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Architecture (5-year program) or Master of Architecture (M.Arch.)
- Architectural licensure preferred
- More than 8 years' experience
- Life Sciences architectural design experience and knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- Willingness and Qualifications to obtain NCARB certification in multiple states.
- Knowledgeable with architectural software packages (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, Sketchup)
- Experience in preparing Specifications preferred
- International experience a plus
- Flexibility to travel (~10%) required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.