Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Plumbing Engineer to join our Life Sciences (Biotechnology / Pharmaceuticals) team within our Philadelphia office to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction. Excellent organization and communication skills are important for this position.
- Leading the project design team from a plumbing perspective through all phases of design: concept development, preliminary design, detailed design, and construction
- Facilitating standardization in plumbing design approach and delivery
- Preparing drawings, reports, and plumbing specifications
- Prepare technical specifications for procurement of plumbing components
- Prepare and contribute to technical memos and reports, within areas of expertise
- Providing technical guidance, mentoring and quality assurance to Engineers/Designers to ensure the technical competence of plumbing design
- Conducting process improvement analysis as it relates to the operation and performance of plumbing systems
- Supporting business development activities including proposal preparation and supporting estimating and scheduling activities
- Prepare and/or review project standard specifications and design criteria
- Prepare or provide input to 3D models and 2D drawings (incl. P&ID's and Isometrics)
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews
- Carry out assigned tasks within budget and schedule
- Assist with technical queries raised during the construction phase
Skills / Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge of plumbing codes; BOCA, IAPMO, ICC and local codes
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, piping engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineering designation (PE)
- 10+ years' experience in similar projects
- Ability to function with minimal supervision
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.