Skills: Crane Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Sparrows Group have opportunities for experienced Crane Operators to join our team at Sparrows in Houston.
The main purpose of the role is to inspect, maintain, and operate Cranes in the field.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Set up, tear down and operation of crane.
• Inspect job site and evaluate customer and division requirements.
• Familiarity with all aspects of loading and unloading vessels in conjunction with jobs.
• Determine rigging requirements and be able to handle all rigging equipment.
• Complete all associated paperwork with jobs.
• When required, act as job coordinator on projects.
• Maintain cranes; troubleshoot and repair when required.
• Understand and give all standard hand signals for crane operation.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications & experience:
• Mechanical, hydraulic, and diesel experience.
• Repair skills.
• Familiar with proper crane rigging procedures.
• Familiar with crane operations.
• Communication skill both oral and written.
• Current API RP 2D certificate in crane operation.
• Sparrows API RP 2D Crane Operator Training.
• Valid API crane operator certification when hired and then must attend Sparrows course within 6 months or must attend Sparrows course immediately.